Thursday, March 15, 2007

what is real

There is a blogger I like. I don't even 'know' her but I have been reading her blog for a while now. Her name is Lori. She has a fun life. It is full of friends, socializing, her work, her camera, her cat, but most of all her son. (No! I do not have a crush on her 21 year old son) Her son? He just left for Iraq. He is off to war in bloody, fucking Iraq!! People! Holy shit! This is real!!

This certainly puts into perspective the post I was creating, all whining and shit about my sinus infection which hurts so bad from the top of my head, through my ears and teeth that I can't even chew food. That I have been such a stellar parent lately, laying around on the couch while my children feed themselves lunch consisting of crackers, cheese, yogurt, clementines and fig newtons. They get it themselves. I live in fear about more damn yeasties (and MORE!)that will certainly show up due to the antibiotics the doc put me on, even after literally begging her not to. My husband has now added another dwarf to my character, Doc, since I have now been there, twice. (reminder: he calls me 5/7 dwarfs these days including Grumpy, Sleepy, Sneezy, Dopey and now Doc)

We have done nothing productive, unless you call what we've been doing, training for a future as movie critics. At least I can manage popcorn. And yes, I bawled my eyes out during Homeward Bound, the Incredible Journey. (also viewed, Toys Story 2, Little Mermaid, Cars and hours of Brum. I am so thankful for the library's DVD section this week)

This week the hubs is in Belarus. He has also been in Kuwait (like Brian), but he gets to stay in nice hotels and is always protected by the host governments.

I really have nothing to whine about. I know we will get through this. We may be a little cross-eyed from too much TV, but we will survive. We just will, no matter how much it may suck, we'll be just fine.

I want Lori to share that sentiment of knowing she will get through this. Heck, I get all heart palpitationy anxious hyper-ventilationlike just thinking of what she is dealing with. People dealing with real life huge-ass situations like that help me. They truly help me. I thank Lori for sharing her life with us. If you choose, check her out, give her a hug and a high-five, she deserves it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Hugs to Lori.
Hugs to you.
Make my temper taturm this morning feel very silly, which it is.

3:31 PM EDT  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Yep, Lori's story sure puts it all in perspective. I will have to go and stop by her site, cheer her on a little.

Hope your sinus gets back to normal soon.

4:31 PM EDT  
Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Awww, thanks for sending love my way; I got lots of hugs due to this post. I WILL get through it, with nice people like you behind me!

xoxo

11:51 PM EDT  
Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Oh, and P.S: Sinus infections are the worst, and antibiotics suck enough without causing rashes! Hope you're better soon!

11:55 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home