Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Encore

Last night I went to see Barenaked Ladies. No, not my husband's fantasy come true, the real Barenaked Ladies. One of our most favourite bands. I bought the tickets last September for my hubby's Christmas gift. He purposely made sure his schedule had none of his crazy travels on that date. Finally, after months of waiting. I went. Alone.

Actually, I took one of my most specialest friends. My husband? Who? Where? Sick in bed with something he picked up in India the week prior. He's been tested for all the suspected ailments such as malaria, among others, but it appears as though he is on the mend and the worst it could be is a parasite? Or most likely just a virus. We'll know more on Friday.

So, the show was fantastic, I loved it. And at the end, they did the usual encore. WTF is up with 'the encore'? You know and they know they are gonna sing more, so why the hell don't they just sing everything and then end the show. ALL bands do this. Do you mean to tell me that had nobody cheered, and the Bell Centre put on the lights (cause the Fire Dept. sure wouldn't allow thousands of people exiting in the dark) that they really would've left without singing their signature song? Ya. Right. Whatever. (not saying too much in case there are some of you intending on going to BNL concert in near future)

Instead, they make us stand and clap and cheer like Pavolv's dog looking for more, already knowing we're gonna get it. Kinda makes me think of giving birth to the twins. Labour, labour, push pushpushpush puuuuuuuush one out. Then what, an encore? Everyone in the delivery room just stays there, knowing what was gonna happen next. As if they would get up and leave. Ya. RIght. Whatever. Oh yesssss, please....let me push my guts out and poop in front of 14 people AGAIN, please....encore!! At least my encore resulted in one of my two miraculous treasures, very tangible I may add.

So, this morning I am talking about the show and the encore.

Kids : "Mommy, what's a encore?"

So, as we are eating our pancakes for breakfast, cause everyone, it's Pancake Tuesday! I explain about the encore. I also mention the french to english translation, cause we are also all about learning the French these days. What do I hear??

"Mommy! Pancakes! Encore! Encore!!"

SO we did. For lunch. Only to change it up we added bananas, and apples and, yummmm.......

What's that I hear?? Encore? Encore?? AGAIN???

Tonight's dinner menu for my special little twin Encores: sausages and potato pancakes. Not because it's all about the pancakes today, but it's all about the encore. MY encore.

Again.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is too cute! We LOVE the BNL's as well!!! One of my favorites is Be my Yoko Ono; because of the "don't blame it on Yoki" part LOL. Actually all of their songs rock!!!

4:07 PM EST  
Blogger BeachMama said...

I love them too (BNL), but Hubby not so much, so I won't be there on Wednesday night to cheer them on. Glad you had lots of fun, but oh so bummed that Hubby wasn't with you. I sure hope he is feeling better soon and that this bug doesn't linger on too long. Does this mean that he won't be travelling for a little bit??

Oh and Happy Pancake Tuesday, Shrove Tuesday or Fat Tuesday, whichever you celebrate ;).

4:37 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE THEM! I would've gone with ya, dammit!

Glad that your hubster is on the mend. And that you didn't have to push out something else for another encore!

xoxo

5:46 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clever little guys!

12:21 AM EST  
Blogger Marisa said...

I was there, too. I am not their biggest fan, but it's amazing how I knew all of their songs. I loved the show.

And I always thought the same thing about the encore. LOL

Hope your hubby is better soon.

8:48 AM EST  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

too bad about hubby being ill for this event you had planned for so long, bet he was pretty bummed out. Hope he's already all mended.

and LOVE the idea of pancakes for the 3 meals, yum

1:14 PM EST  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

OMG I loved it too When I got my turn Nancy!

It was an awesome concert I bet you were closer than me...considering my HUbby got the tickets at Christmas.

I agree with the encore thing. Randy Bachman said it best at Winterlude
"I'm too old to walk off and come back on again so lets just pretend we did and what do you want to hear? "

It was AWESOME. BNL Fan forever and I will blog about when I get the chance.

Can't wait to talk to you about it but I'm off and running and my email is OUT again. Fukin' thing.

3:56 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home