Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Chloe Caper

So...we get home from preschool and sort through all the cards and such. We read all the cards that are not sealed or in envelopes.

No Chloe.

Then we open all the cards sealed shut with stickers.

No Chloe.

Then we read all the ones with goodies attached like Hershey's kisses or pencils.

No Chloe.

I am getting a little nervous.

Then he hands me this one.


It's IT! It's gotta be it! I am all tingly with excitement. I am thinking this could be the one. I want this to be the one.

No Chloe.

Then he hands me another one and says, "Here Mom, someone asked me to give this to you." I asked him who? He shrugs and answers, "I dunno."


WTF?

I do not know this girl. I have never spoken with her. I have never spoken with her mother. All I know is that my son "really just loves her hair so much, Mommy" with such sincerity and innocence it brings tears to my eyes. There is no child, male or female, at preschool with my name.

The lovestruck preschooler : "I think this might really be for me, right Mommy?"

The panic mode mother : "I am sure it is, or else if it is for someone else, then I feel I should make sure it gets to that person."

So, the plan is for me to ask the mother about it. If it was intended for another, it will be delivered accordingly. If it was in some twilight zone weirdness intended for me, then it will promptly be handed over to swooning preschooler.

I am baffled.

Stay tuned.

7 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Oh Nancy this is just plain WEIRD.

I feel so bad for Ben. I sort of went through the same thing with Nathan. Read my blog for Today. I'm still crying. Maybe we Mom's Make it worse than it is? I'm Guessing here? I don't remember it being this bad with Miranda.

8:02 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So odd!

Pumpkin got a card from "Genevieve" (the girl he has a love/hate thing for), and he got a nice card and some candies from her, but I know her mommy and I know all the kids got something similar. I was SURE to not make a big deal of that one way or the other! He was just happy to get ALL of the treats.

Keep us posted!

The Chloe Chronicles!

8:22 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops!!! I sure hope it gets figured out. I don't know why it wouldn't be addressed to him. LOL kinda funny since Jenna has a friend chloe too; and that was the one valentine she was the most excited to get (probably also because there was a mini bag of hershey's kisses on it).

10:14 AM EST  
Blogger Zany Mama said...

Aarrggh....why don't they make the kids bring cards for each other child in their class? That would totally solve it. And then if sweet Chloe wanted to make an extra special card for her Dear Nancy - who may not know of her existence but still holds a special place in her heart - that would be okay, too.

Actually, I'm not sure what it means, but I'm all for plagiarizing.

11:25 AM EST  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

ewwww, this is too weird nancy, very twilight zoney!

we are lucky at the twins preschool. The rule is every kid brings in 19 cards signed by them BUT not addressed. That way, every kid gets a card from every one else and there are no favorites.

let us know how thiss tory unfolds

11:49 AM EST  
Blogger BeachMama said...

That is a little odd, I hope it gets resolved for you and Ben gets his proper Valentine's.

8:13 AM EST  
Blogger Marisa said...

Maybe Chloe's mom reads your blog??? LOL

10:29 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home