Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Dear Chloe,

Please don't break my son's heart. Please. He has spoke of not much else for the past two days except "I can't wait to get my Valenstine card from Chloe". Ad nauseum. Me thinks he has a thang for you.

When we were making our Valentine cards and treats, you were the only one who warranted a Tweety Bird sticker on your card. Please recognize these come highly coveted in our house these days. He then made you a necklace with his beads, currently under his pillow to keep safe till he gives them to you. He also says "Chloe wears pretty dresses."

I know you may not understand how very significant this is to us at this time, yet how highly insignificant it will be 20 years from now. However, the time is now, and that is in which we live, because "I can't wait to get my Valenstine card from Chloe".
The children were not asked to provide cards to all of their classmates, and although we did about 20, please know that the most attention was paid to yours.

Please Chloe, dear sweet gorgeous blond haired, twinkly eyed four year old girl, please do not break my son's heart. Please have a card for him. Please.

Luv,
Ben's Mommy (who is not above plagiarism to make one herself and sign it Chloe if need be)

6 Comments:

Blogger Coffeypot said...

Why not give Chole’s mom a call and tell her what you have just told us. Maybe she can work on it from her end. If she doesn’t want to corporate or participate, then cuss her out and hang up on her. Then plagiarize. Its okay (and probably a law of some kind) to help out with little fantasies. Lord knows I have been Santa over the phone many times for little people.

11:24 AM EST  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

oh nancy, that is so sweet

keeping my fingers crossed that this young infatuation won't result in a heartbreak

and yeah, go ahead if plagiarize if need be, I would ;)

12:48 PM EST  
Blogger BeachMama said...

That is the sweetest thing. I can't believe that he has a crush already that little guy. I hope he gets his Valentine's card.

J got his first from a girl yesterday at preschool, it was cute, he didn't want to acknowledge it. Funny too as she is only two, so I figured that the Mom really loves Valentine's day. I didn't even think about sending one to preschool and thankfully nobody else did either.

3:10 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is so sweet - please let us know how it turns out.

9:04 PM EST  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

How adorable is that? I clearly remember my first four-year-old crush. I read the entry above about the mystery card - am so very curious!! My heart is melting,though, at Ben's sweet affection.

(Sorry I've not been by - my bloglines dropped a few random feeds this week, including yours. Bad bloglines, bad!)

9:50 AM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope Chloe reads your blog.

10:24 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home