Friday, February 16, 2007

Case closed

It's over.

I spoke to Chloe's mom this morning. When Chloe told her she wanted to do Valentine's Day cards, but didn't know all the names, her mom got creative. She remembered saving an email from the teacher, and used the names from the distribution list. When a family has more than one child in the school, the teacher uses one of the parent's names. Hence : Nancy.

I mentioned to her about the "big crush" my little one has on her daughter. I even went on to tell her that Ben tells me he tells Chloe "I love you - that's why I always try to sit beside you" and more. She tells me on her parent day, Ben did sit beside Chloe, even tried sharing his snack with her, and she couldn't care less. The mom even told me that Chloe clearly ignored him, and has never mentioned him at home. I giggled along, as we discussed the cuteness of 4 year old crushes, etc. So, we decided that I could most definitely tell Ben that the card is intended for him. He now has it in his pocket.

Then the kicker. I still get a pit in my stomach thinking about it. Chloe's mom told me that Chloe does have a crush.

On someone else.

Another little boy in their class.

sniff. sniff.

7 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Clearly Chloe does not know what (who?) she is missing! Obviously Ben deserves better and there are two little girls in our house who would be happy to take her place in Ben's affections... :)

5:18 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWWW..... well don't worry I have THREE daughters I'm sure would fall in love with Ben!!!

5:26 PM EST  
Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

This is precious. And you're being so very strong; I'd be a ranting maniac: "that little trollop is no good for my son, who does she think she is?!!!"

That statement is in no way reflected by my new blog that you just commented on either. Well. Maybe a little.

9:15 PM EST  
Blogger Marisa said...

Little hussy, that Chloe. LOL

Glad you got it sorted out, though. :-)

7:44 AM EST  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Glad you did get it sorted out, even though in the end Chloe is in love with another guy. Hopefully, Ben won't be crushed when he finds out.

1:15 PM EST  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

Oh no. Poor Ben, thwarted in his first crush. On first reading of this, I suspected I knew who the recipient of Chloe's crush is just as well as I know Ben. Did I imagine that hint? Truly, that would be a bit of a disaster...

5:13 PM EST  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Aww hugs Ben. Miranda says She yours anytime. She thinks your adorable. And she has NICE hair too.

;)

2:45 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home