Friday, February 23, 2007

A Call for Normal Bubbles

Why the hell can we no longer buy a simple, clean, normal smelling bottle of bubbles for the bath? I am completely IRKED right now. I have been on the search for a long time now, only to find everything but plain old Mr. Bubble. Remember the ad?

Mister, Mister, Mister BUB-ble!!!
(I tried YouTube, but way too many scary things about people I don't know in the tub appeared)

We have been outta bubble bath for a while. We have been using our (still) baby body wash and swishing them around. Oh, why the baby body wash? Cause it smells CLEAN! All big kid body wash smells like anything but. Dammit.

This is what I found this morning at Zellers looking for bubble bath:

Spiderman, Batman, Strawberry Shortcake, Dora, Barbie, Nemo, SpongeBob, Superman, Curious George and yes, even a Mr. Bubble. BUT....the scents reminded me of being in an ice cream shoppe in the middle of July. Strawberry, Cherry, Passion Fruit, Bubble Gum, Grape, Bubbleberry (Mr. Bubble), Banana, Berry Burst, and Watermelon. They all smell gross. Sounds great for a parfait or a pie, or even muffins....but I want to soak and bathe my kids in it, not eat them. My kids don't even like the smells, we've tried!! I have to agree with them.

I want normal, soap smelling, clean children, I don't wanna tuck in and kiss goodnight a Blueberry Passion Burst smelling boy. Where the hell have all the normal things gone?

I will give credit to there being an empty space on the shelf which indicated the 'regular' Mr. Bubble should have been. It has been empty for WEEKS. I may very well end up spending a small fortune to order the shit online. Dammit!

Justification for bubble smelling bubble bath!!! Dammit!

Oooooh...I'm in a moooooood.

T.G.I.F.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll send you some regular Mr. Bubble, if you want!

xoxo

11:25 AM EST  
Blogger Jay said...

I totally agree that everything is WAY over-scented these days. I, personally have switched to using Dove - Sensitive skin soap. Only because EVERYTHING has so much crap in it now, to make it smell 'better', that it makes me itchy!! So, my kids also use Dove. Not a bad thing. I use the bar soap, and use it on them. If they really want bubbles, I squeeze extra shampoo (L'Oreal kids) in the tub, or even the regular liquid handsoap we use (Jergens). Do you have an aversion to bar soap, or do the kids just want bubbles? And fyi, on *occassion*, our Wal-Mart has the old, plain Mr. Bubble. Even in the same bottle!! Good luck in your search.

2:21 PM EST  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

... and the award for funniest sentence in a blog post this week goes to: "I tried YouTube, but way too many scary things about people I don't know in the tub appeared"!!!!

2:37 PM EST  
Blogger BeachMama said...

That is one of the most hilarious posts. Who would have thought you couldn't find plain old bubble bath? Just a thought, but does Avon still carry the plain old stuff? My Grandmother would give us a bottle every year for Christmas and my Sister sometimes orders us some, and it just smells like bubbles. J doesn't like bubbles, but we seem to have our share of bubble bath just in case he changes his mind. Actully he loves the shower, so it is much easier for me :).

3:39 PM EST  
Blogger Coffeypot said...

I’m waiting on a NASCAR bubble bath. That way I will smell like smoking tires, burnt motor oil and steam. Sniff, sniff! AAAAHHHH!

1:04 PM EST  
Blogger CL said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:35 PM EST  
Blogger CL said...

You know what? I have recently ranted to someone about children's toothpaste in a similar way. Everything has to taste like candy these days. Doesn't that defeat the purpose? I wrote to my grandmother in Switzerland to send me a children's toothpaste called elmex for kids, which I used to use, which is just a milder form of adult toothpaste and tastes like normal toothpaste. Not cherry-chocolate-candy-cane or whatever.

And you're right about the advertisement. EVERYTHING has advertisement on it these days. I put out a message to all who want to bring gifts to my almost two year old boy next month to AVOID advertisement stuff of any kind.

Irking...isn't it.

Enjoy visiting your blog.

1:36 PM EST  
Blogger Zany Mama said...

We happen to live in the town where Bath and Body Works is headquartered - meaning we have access to every kiwi-juniper-boysenberry scented product imaginable - but it is imminently difficult to purchase anything remotely "classic".

Argh.

Good luck to you!

6:46 PM EST  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

I agree I find all those funky gross smelling scents make me sick. I stop wearing Perfume years ago becasue I coulsn't find a smell that didn't make me want to THROW UP! Or sneeze.

I just use our body wash. Ivory or Dove but even Ivory has some funky smells.

I also bought some bubble bath for me once and after I got it home I read the ingredents and it CONTAIN...now get this

Formaldehyde

I took it back and TOLD Them to make sure they didn't sell CRAP like this. But they didn't listen.

8:54 PM EST  
Blogger Elle said...

Oh seriously! I bought some My Little Pony bubble bath last week, and I opened it and it's like water!! What the hell? Isn't it supposed to be thicker than that? And what, I got a whole 5 bubbles out of 6 capfulls!!!

10:41 AM EST  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

hilarious post! and also very true, does everything geared to kids have to ahve a smell and some kind of association to some fictitious figure?

lucky for us, we usually do showers so don't have this bubble issue!

1:25 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the smell of Johnson's Baby Shampoo on Josie, and we just use that for bubble bath too...and even the Life brand version of the shampoo is close enough (the one with the cute ducky on the label).

You're right though. Where the hell have all the normal things gone? Because it's the same thing with the freaking goldfish crackers for us. They're either huge, or pizza-flavoured, or Xtreme or some shit.

4:48 PM EST  
Blogger Marisa said...

Have you tried Toys R Us/Babies R Us? They might carry it.

We just use Aveeno. Or Yves Rocher baby wash.

1:44 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home