Thursday, March 22, 2007

Real Moms ROCK!

...their babies to sleep.

My dear sweet friend Dani tagged my ass on this one. I have tried my best over the past couple of days, time is so limited, and so are the abilities of my brain cells. This doesn't even compare to the most brilliant post Dani did, but heck, this is what sporadic thoughts ran through my mind.

Real Moms surge. That very first moment moment we get to hold our minute old newborn, we surge with love and emotion like we've never felt before. It stems from our toenails right through to our split ends. I still experience that 'surge', and it still bring tears to my eyes.

Real Moms sneak junk food behind their kids backs. It is so important for them to eat healthy and grow strong, but come on, I need a fix more often than not.

Real Moms play instead of cleaning toilets. What the hell is so bloody important about a clean house anyway? Didn't you see that episode of Designer Guys. where the bathtub rings and furniture constructed out of dust bunnies are all the new rage?

Real Moms let their kids roll & splash around in ankle deep puddles made of slush and dirt leftover from winter. Didn't you see us yesterday? It was fab!! But man oh man, were they soaked. And dirty. They had a blast.

Real Moms RUN to catch the puke that is about to violently erupt from the gut of your preschooler. Better on me than the couch, carpet or neighbour. I have had lots of training, I am damn good.

Real Moms multi-task like an Olympic athlete. Who else can talk on the phone, do the laundry, sweep the floors and prepare fajitas...at the same time?? No one. Only Real Moms.

Real Moms subscribe to the daily newspaper with the intent to stay in touch, on top of current news events in her city, country, the world. I do manage the comics, every day...and sometimes complete the Sudoku, the rest? If there is time before it hits the recycle bin. Sounds pathetic and wasteful, but oh, how I love my comics.

Real Moms encourage self-esteem in their kids as much as possible by letting them participate in activities like baking. "I can do it by mineself!" Even if it means a 2 pound bag of flour all over the floor. Sigh.

And finally:

Real Moms do NOT judge other Moms. Never.
(however, it is fun to gossip at least a little bit from time to time)



I would like to tag MamaLee, and Marisa.

9 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Nancy

I love your meme~! Especially the last line. You ROCK too.

12:08 PM EDT  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

Yes! And yes! And YES! And - erm, um, I don't like the puddle one so much. I should probably loosen up on this one. Hey, you got me to relax on the messy spaghetti sauce, there is still hope for me!!

I especially love the one about the surge. So true, and one of my fave 'mom' feelings. Feel it every. single. night when I sneak into their rooms before going to bed. No matter how rough the day, how bad the behaviour, how near death they may have been, it all gets reset to zero with that love surge in the darkness of their room every. single. night.

12:24 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT meme. All so true.

Thanks, dolly. Now I have to REALLY think. Give me a little time to muster up MY brain cells!

Big fat XOXO.

12:28 PM EDT  
Blogger Zany Mama said...

I love the "surge" one because it is so very true. I looked at Zane last night and started to tear up at his wonderfulness.

But even more true is my eating of clandestine food when Zane's not around. The boy cannot have ice cream, and I have needs.

Also, thank you for the rescinded "tag". I will do this meme gladly (but probably not as eloquently). I like being tagged, I just suffer meme performance anxiety. As in, I'm not sure I do memes well. I fear lackluster meme performance. I cringe as I anticipate below average meme execution.

But I'll do it because one should face their fears, and you and your blog rock the party.

1:54 PM EDT  
Blogger Marisa said...

I have seen this meme on a few blogs recently.

Your rendition is right-on!

Thanks for the tag...I think? I'll do my best to get a post up before the weekend. :-)

3:20 PM EDT  
Blogger BeachMama said...

I love your version of 'real Mom's'. I still get that surge, at least once a day, but I remember the first one very clearly. And the others are all quite good as well, except I share my junk food ;).

4:04 PM EDT  
Blogger Maria said...

I'm right with you on the puke one...not so much on the puddle one. I'm a tight ass on that kind of stuff. If someone else would clean them up, yeah...okay...:)

9:20 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah the wisdom and truth of mothers!! You are right; real moms do not judge other moms... at least not the ones that are honest about being a mom ;)

10:13 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great. I'm so with you on the junk food and I'm afraid I was right there in the puddle with my kids. ;)

2:42 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home