Friday, March 16, 2007

wicked

What does it say about a person who gets excited about having to go to an emergency appointment at her doctor, cause that means she will get at least 30 minutes to sit in the waiting room and read her book?
I am completely hooked on the book Wicked- the Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West. Now, I am not one, not at all, to read fantasy or even much sci-fi, but this one is so fun (to me).

I had planned to accomplish many tasks/errands during my morning two hour respite while my munchkins were at Munchkinland (preschool) but plans changed. (LMFAO - get it?)

I have been taking antibiotics for my wicked sinus infection since Tuesday. They didn't seem to be working, but I had been cautioned by both my doc and pharmacist that it may take a few days to kick in. Then I got 'the runs' in the most watery of wicked ways. It is a potential side effect of the meds, which I am willing to deal with. But, they still weren't working and I still had that wicked pain of a grizzly bear with the left side of my head/face/jaw/ear in his mouth in the tightest of vices crunching down. Ouchfuckingouch.

Then this morning I woke up with a wicked rash on my face. Ick. More mofo-ouchiness. I called the doc, she said to get right in, which I did. *I get to read my book!!*
Long story short, likely some kind of allergic reaction, switching meds to another kind, try for 3 days, return to doc Monday morning (YA!! more reading time!!).

I have to wonder if reading a book about wicked witches is at all related to my recent mishaps? You think?

In case you are wondering. This is my face:
And this is my face with an allergic to antibiotics:




At least I'm not green.

Yet.

10 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

I am listening to the audio book of Wicked.

And I agree. It is wicked good.

10:46 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, you poor girl.

Glad things are getting better. And I'm so glad you found a good book!

Now go listen to the soundtrack of "Wicked."

Signed, your musical friend. lol

8:59 AM EDT  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Oh my goodness! I hope the rash is clearing quickly for you. It looks absolutely painful. And I definately hope that your new meds do the trick on your sinus'. It is sucky to be sick and in pain.

9:25 AM EDT  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

Even when under seige, you have the *best* sense of humour. I sent you an e-mail... did your doc put you on antihistamines? That should help clear up your skin, at least.

And yesterday, I was positively thrilled at the huge checkout line - more time to flip through the trashy mags before I had to go home and face cleaning up the house!

2:22 PM EDT  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Yeah READING. I thought about pickingup that book after seeing the Preview to the PLAY going on IN TO Last FALL when we were there. I love to take a bath and read. MY PLACE OF PLACES.

And your too funny. Feeling like Carp and still can write a TOP NOTCH BLOG!

Your allegic to sulfa I tell you. Jack's Grandmother was. And It wasn't pretty. Although your still sexy to me. ;)

7:55 PM EDT  
Blogger Zany Mama said...

Oooh, so sorry about the bad face rash. I, too, am allergic to sulfa drugs with a resulting face rash, but on brown skin it's far less...uh...prominent.

Also, I loved Wicked. Great book. I'd be interested to know if you enjoy the sequel, Son of a Witch. I couldn't get through it myself. So disappointing.

12:31 PM EDT  
Blogger jo(e) said...

Hey, I just saw the play "Wicked" while I was in London. I loved it.

I just bought the book ....

3:10 PM EDT  
Blogger Maria said...

We went to the movies today and in the bathroom there was a little girl and her mother.

The mother said, "C'mere, Elfeba. Let's wash your hands."

I did a complete double take.

She wasn't green.....

6:44 PM EDT  
Blogger Elle said...

OMG you poor face!!! I hope they can get ya all fixed up and back to normal again!!

Take care!

10:23 AM EDT  
Blogger Maria said...

I finally read the jacket on Wicked and see that her name is spelled Elphaba...

Well, shoot.

8:36 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home