Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I Fell...

...asleep.

Last night.
Reading the end of my book.
Sitting at a table.
Alone.
In public.
At Starbucks in Chapters.
Savouring my grande half-sweetened Tazo Black Tea Latte.
For 30+ minutes (actual duration remains unclear).
No one bothered to wake me.
I did not get robbed.
I am thankful for that,
and the nap.
I am also more than a little embarrassed.

I can fall asleep anywhere, car, train, bus, plane. I remember falling asleep in class, both high school and university. I remember dozing off for hours in the Med. Sci. library at U of A, only to wake with my note all smudged and covered in drool. I can nod off in church, or even in a theatre where I have PAID to see the movie.

But this is different. To me. You think? What about you?

10 Comments:

Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

This is a University town with 40,000 students; it's not uncommon to see students cat-napping at their tables in coffee shops here....

I'd love to nod off like that, though I'd probably wake up under the table with my pajamas...er...my clothes tossed about the coffee shop.

3:40 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL

You are so LUCKY that you can fall asleep anywhere! My hubby is like that as well.

I can't fall asleep fast, anywhere, to save my life.

Ya nut. Now wipe your chin.

3:47 PM EDT  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

I hear ya honey. I can fall asleep anywhere too. I've always could. When i need a nap I need one. Although I've never fallen asleep at starbucks but I have fallen asleep sitting in a conner at Chapters. OFTEN. 15 min or more.

I think they knew it was a MOM in NEED of a rest.

Hugs

5:09 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. Are you a drooler?

6:49 PM EDT  
Blogger Maria said...

I can do it too...I've never fallen asleep at Starbucks yet...but I have fallen asleep at movies (Apocalypto) and airplanes (Delta) and once, in a doctor's waiting room (flu bug).

7:27 PM EDT  
Blogger jo(e) said...

I can fall asleep anywhere, anytime. I consider it a useful life skill.

7:22 AM EDT  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

I just read this out loud to Kerry. We are both laughing, her with considerably more sympathy and me, just laughing at you!

I often snooze on the bus on the way home, but can't remember ever passing completely out in public like that. Not from a tea latte, anyway...

8:46 AM EDT  
Blogger BeachMama said...

I can agree with falling asleep in Church, University, Theatre, Car... but Starbucks? Can't say it has ever happened, but then again I have yet to go alone and read a good book. I always have someone chattering in my ear!

3:32 PM EDT  
Blogger Marisa said...

LMAO

I once fell asleep in the Metro and missed my stop. But in my defense, I had just returned from a bus tour in Italy where we often would sleep between trips.

I wish I could take a nap right about now. Of course, then the kids would have to make their own supper...so I better not.

5:11 PM EDT  
Blogger Elle said...

LOL at least no one threw pennies in your mouth or something.

10:26 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home