Saturday, March 24, 2007

another sleepless night begins...

DH left (again!) this morning on (another!) business trip. I hate it when he is in flight overnight, cause I don't sleep. Today/tonight is the longest single flight he has ever taken:

14 hours.

He left the house at 9 am. flew to Toronto. The direct flight left T.O. 6 hours ago, and he has another 8 hours to go. Then he gets on another one for 6 more hours till he arrives at his destination.

My problem? Plain old fashioned worry wart. I constantly wake up and turn on CNN checking for "Breaking News Plane Crash". Will I ever get over it?

I realize my worries pale in comparison with Lori, as I previously recognized, but these are my worries, and I am stuck in PMS hell. So, I must go devour an oversized bucket of butter laden popcorn, chocolate covered raisins and a diet coke. And watch CNN.

What I wouldn't give to be able to blame a sleepless night on a wailing infant...aaaaah, the good ole days.

9 Comments:

Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I'll worry with ya! And hey, we all have worries that pale in comparison; I bitched about my hair twice this week, despite "real" concerns. Worry away, and next week I'll complain about PMSing before having to dress up and give a toast at a wedding!

Hope that popcorn helps. Try wine, too.

11:21 PM EDT  
Blogger Carol said...

You might as well stay up blogging, right?

2:02 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY understand, dear friend!

Call me when you are freaking next time, k?

XOXO

12:25 PM EDT  
Blogger Maria said...

I am so selfish. I never worry when Bing travels. I am always freakishly relieved to not have to share covers for awhile. We have a full size bed, but I covet a king sized one.....

Hang in there...

6:43 PM EDT  
Blogger Marisa said...

My hubby rarely leaves at night, but often returns from trips late at night. I cannot fall asleep until he gets home. :-)

6:51 PM EDT  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Yup. I just got a taste of what is like and YOU go throught his all the time.

BIG huge hugs again.

10:26 AM EDT  
Blogger Elle said...

I hated it when dh travelled all the time. I like his job now much better!!

Pass some of those choco raisins!

10:37 AM EDT  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Hubby doesn't travel nearly as much as yours does but, I can't stand it. I don't sleep very well, something usually happens while he is gone and really I just plain worry.

You are my hero. I couldn't do what you do, that is for sure.

8:04 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate it when dh travels, too. Wishing you peace of mind and a safe trip home for him.

2:39 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home