Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Way Late Weekend Report

We were away and now we are home. We had a wonderful weekend, full to the brim, actually overflowing with action. The quick & dirty...

Family. Friends. Laughter. Booze. Chips & dip. Chocolate. Easter Bunnies (yes, plural). Outdoor toys. Watching niece/cuzzin horseback riding. Riding bikes. More booze. Tons of great food, BBQ, more chocolate. Did I mention the chips & dip? Absolutely NO down time. An overtired, highly over-stimulated three year old child who flatly refused to go to sleep before 9:30 PM for 5 nights in a row, and counting. (the only negative thing all weekend). Lunch and extended play with other cuzzins on other side of town Monday. Trek home - he FINALLY slept.

I did get to hug (twice!) and have a quick personal chat with Dani on Saturday afternoon after I accosted her and honked her down when seeing her drive by. You see, my inlaws live around the corner from her. We always try to hook up. It rarely works cause we always seem to be so damn busy. (My bad - all my bad)

Home. Basement. Way ahead of schedule. Starting drywall today. TODAY. He wants the tiles for the bathroom/laundry room floors now. Last week he said it would be 2 weeks. Now he wants them now. Guess what I am buying today? The. Dust. Is. Incredible. But worth it, I know.

Apologies for lame update. I am swamped. Literally. (really!) May be another few days. Everything happening at once. Northern Mom listened to me vent (a.k.a. panic, lose control, freak out) during a midnite rant on the MSN Messenger last night. (Thanx so much!) She also encouraged me to eat more chocolate at 11:23 PM. I did. It most definitely helped.


The 'guys' are bring the drywall in and everytime one of them walks by, he peeks up at me sitting at the 'pute in my jammies and bedhead. I think he is laughing at me. AT me. No coffee for him.

Deep breath in. Deep breath out.

6 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

OH Nancy You need to go to Chapters have a Starbucks and look for some kickass books just to unwind (ALONE~!) Sound like a crazy weekend and one you turly enjoyed.

Hugs

9:22 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOW! At 11:23 pm last night, I was having seven Lindt chocolates and a glass of wine. And that did NOT help me sleep.

I covet your basement reno.

9:22 AM EDT  
Blogger BeachMama said...

SOunds like your reno is in full swing! Sorry to have missed you here in the city, although it looks like you were very busy. You and Northern Mom are crazy girls staying up so late, how on earth do you do it?

2:13 PM EDT  
Blogger Northern Mom said...

Nancy,
Anytime you need to rant, you know where to find me.
Take a deep breath, close your eyes and slowly pop the chocolate in your mouth. Don't chew, but let it melt on your tongue savouring all of the flavour. Count to 10 and then open your eyes again. It's a little vacation from life!
Things will get better, we haven't started the reno's yet. Hubby just called from the window place...Yikes

2:38 PM EDT  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

Hey, those 10 minutes and two hugs were the highlight of a terrific weekend!!

Sorry you're stressed about the reno, but it will be MOST EXCELLENT when it is finished and we come to visit and have tonnes of boys wreaking havock in your lovely new playroom!!

8:23 PM EDT  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

Sounds like a fun-filled whirlwind of a week-end. Hang in there with the reno and rant away when you need to, nothing wrong with that.

11:31 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home