Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Just doing as I'm told (I so lucky) and blowing it (I so really suck)

I have started a little walk/jog program for the most novice of the novice of anything. I don't do the walk only, cause I'd be bored. I have done 6 sessions and enjoying it so far. Every time I have used my hubby's MP3 player, and on days he'd planned on taking it to work, I ask ever so sweetly beg him to leave it, and he does. He left yesterday on a week long business trip, he took his MP3. I tried to ask him, couldn't do it, he knew what I was up to.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt (sound of rewind)
When I first started using his player, was most pleased at how much I liked using it, and how much more enjoyable my 'run' could be, we agreed that if I was still following my walk/jog plan come May, I could GET MY OWN as a Mother's Day gift. Hurrah!!!
whrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (sound of fast forward)
He gave me a hug and told me to order my own. Already?? Yes, of course, mine very own! So I did. It arrives tomorrow. I will 'have' to do one run without some tra-la-la, but a sacrifice I am willing to make with much love and thanx to my generous, kind, thoughtful, husband.

Can't say the same about myself. Ya know how we often mention how we award ourselves with the worst mommy ever trophy? Today, replace mommy with wife. Today is My Beloved's birthday. Since he is away, it was our plan to celebrate with the kids on Sunday, after his Saturday return. This morning he calls, from a time zone 7 hours ahead, we chit chat about everything from my meeting with the basement contractor guy the day prior, the weather, B's fever & diarrhea, his flight, and his birthday plans. We had our salutations, hung up. I jump in the shower, (you must know where this is going) and realize I completely FORGOT to wish him a Happy Birthday. Holy fuck I am the worst wife ever in the whole wide world. I couldn't even reassure myself with the thought of the sweet little card I snuck into his suitcase cause there WASN'T one. I promptly called him back and apologized, he accepted, but that doesn't make me feel any less of a heel. Therefore I publicly admit my regrettable moment of forgetfulness and share with the entire internet my personal wishes for a great birthday to my husband. I know exactly where he is, exactly what he is eating and drinking, and who is serving him at our favourite little pizza cafe in smalltown Switzerland. I just wish I was right there with him.


Happy Birthday Hubby - love ya crazy!!

8 Comments:

Blogger BeachMama said...

Aww, you are the sweetest. Even if you forgot for all of a minute or two, you still remembered :). Sure hope your Hubby is enjoying his Swiss Pizza, Happy Birthday!

5:40 AM EST  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Aaawwwww Nancy I would feel the same way!I think I forgot Jacks once. (but I have missed my mom's and othere realtives more than once. I'm soo scattered at times.

Happy Birthday Nancy's Beloved! We all wish we in Switzerland partying with ya!

AND AN MP3 i want on so bad. I just walk but I am bored I mean BORED to tears just walking. Even though the senecery is pretty nice here. I may ask for the same thing for Mommy's day! AND good JOB on the walk/Jog. I still haven't gone to Curves. I gotta go! I know I would Love it.

7:58 AM EST  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

Did I tell you about how I was on the bus on the way to work before I realized I had forgotten to wish Tristan a happy birthday? I actually cried...

You really should only be mortified if you make it all the way to the next day before realizing you missed it. I think anyone can be forgiven a slack memory before the second cup of coffee!

9:33 AM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can see how it happens, totally. You're absolved. I think you can probably find a way to make it up to him.

Is this the wrong time to ask what you chose - travertine or concrete stone? I've been wondering.

9:44 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, forgetaboutit. Birthdays - anybody's birtday - are about the kids anyways.

I forgot my own birthday once. Is there an award for that?

3:34 PM EST  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Shit came to see if you had a new post and I just REMEMBERED TODAY is my mOm's brthday. Gosh...Glad i came over. SIGH.

Better run to town and get her a card and a plant. She loves plants.

7:57 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your hubby! And I don't think forgetting to mention it merits any kind of prize. Now. If you, say, smacked him around, or stole his money to buy presents for your lover, we could talk. (I don't know anyone who does those things, by the way; but that's the sort of thing I think you have to do to be a WWW.)

But yay on the mp3 player! I love my iPod. Music has not been the same since last year. :)

9:11 AM EST  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

I bet you felt WAY WAY worse than he did.

And hooray on the walking/running program and MP3 player. Which one did you get?

10:50 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home