Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Four years, twenty bucks, 43 pounds and two blessings ago...

Four years ago today...hubby picked up our brand spanking new van, drove straight to the hospital, picked me up after a 5 day stay and the two (+ two in utero) of us went home.

The van cost $20 less to fill. I don't exactly recall the gas prices in Ottawa on that day, but today in Montreal it is $1.05.9 a litre, it just cost me $61.40 to fill the sucker. I am quite pleased I really only need to fill the thing about once/month, and now with nicer weather we are walking so much more.

I was 43 pounds heavier than I am today. I was 29 weeks pregnant. They'd tried to pull a fast one on me to arrive early. Thankfully, that didn't happen. My two little boopers stuck it out with me for another 7 weeks on bedrest, also adding another 7 pounds.

Now we are doubly blessed, with two healthy, active, curious boys. I remember every single little detail about those 5 days in April 2002, every emotion, every tear, every fear and every little (& big) concern we experienced. I try ever so hard to cherish, remember and store in the memory vault every moment of their lives since the day they arrived. It never fails to bring tears (of joy) to my eyes. I can certainly remember a lot of great moments in my life. Now, if I could only remember where I put my sunglasses.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Four years?

FOUR YEARS!?

'Remember when we were four years old? Actually, I don't, but I love all the old photos.

Happy Birthday little boys!

1:16 PM EDT  
Blogger nancy said...

Sorry to disappoint Peefer, tis the van who is 4 years old...the little boys have a few more weeks to wait.

I am not sure if I remember being 4 years old myself, but I remember you being 4 years old. I love the photos too...and home movies.

2:43 PM EDT  
Blogger BeachMama said...

I can't believe they are "almost" four years old! I do remember little tidbits from four, but my stronger memories start around 5. I wish that we could remember that far back forever as it seems as though it is so fun to be so young. Maybe if we all remembered what it was like to be four more often we would have a little more fun :).

Like your van my old car(Geo Convertible) only cost $20 to fill. When I gas up the car now, I miss my little car so much. We aren't quite as high as you, only $0.959 today, only.

2:53 PM EDT  
Blogger Northern Mom said...

I have a few select memories from being 4. The night that my brother was diagnosed with leukemia...I thought maybe it was a dream, but I asked my nana about that night. I told her that I remember that she said that her hair was a mess and that she had to wear a wig. She was shocked that I remembered that. I also remember walking into my other grandmothers house and my mom was laying on the couch crying. I think those are my earliest memories. I was just shy of 4 and a half.
I can't beleive how fast the past 4 years have gone! WOW
Barb

11:26 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Does it stil have that new van smell?

11:41 PM EDT  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

WOW You got you van after I got mine. Mine will be 5 this september and so will my little bundle of joy. Although we had him before we decided to buy a van. And my new car smell has been replaced by cookie crumbs and juice stains and MIlk smells...yeewwww. gotta get the intertior cleaned.
Happy Birthday Van
And I'll wish the twins Happy birthday on the DAY!

8:44 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »

7:41 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home