Saturday, October 07, 2006

Turkey.

I am such a turkey of a blogger lately, but here I am. Over the past week, I have been to Ottawa to surprise my cuzzin for her 40th b-day. I kidnapped her. I literally showed up on her doorstep unannounced, with a bunch of helium balloons plastered with 4-0 all over them. We went out for a lovely seafood dinner, drinks and a sleepover in a hotel. No children. No husbands. No crayons or booster seats. And best of all, NO early wake up of any kind. And no, I am not sharing with you what time we woke up.

Then I returned home on the Saturday to go to a party with my hubby. Friends of ours wanted to have a grown up (no kids) party, just because. Let me tell you, it was so much fun, and I bet you it'd been at least 10++ years since I'd last danced the Time Warp in someone's living room.

Then on Sunday, I found myself truly missing my kids, so we went to the circus!! We saw all the lame acts, and ate popcorn, got our faces painted and met some clowns.


Then I found this little display on the stairs. Findings like this always crack me up, it practically warms my heart, the complete spontaneous presentation that arrives from simple innocent minds.

Then I find this on the fridge, should I be worried in any way? I confess, my youngest son (by 27 minutes) is named Ben. I can't hide it if I wanna show you this. He said this was his robot name. WTF???


The weather has been stunning, with that fall chill in the air surrounded by warm sunshine. We've spent countless hours cramming in as much time riding bikes, playing tag or hanging (literally) out at the park. Gotta get it all in before the snow arrives. My fall mums are such an interesting arrangement this year. They bud as though they will burst open in a blood red or wine burgundy, but then they splash this lovely muted orange all over the place. Check it out:


IMG_3477

IMG_3473

IMG_3471

IMG_3479


And speaking of turkeys. The Hubs has once again abandoned us due to a business trip. This one taking him to the land locked Kingdom of Lesotho, in South Africa. So, I invited myself to earlier referenced Cuzzin's house for turkey dinner tomorrow. Road trip! for me and my boys. I've got the CD's loaded up in the van already. I wish you all a Happy (Canadian) Thanksgiving, let's all be thankful for being who we are, and those who surround whom we love.

Oh, one more thing...I have this very nifty contraption which helps us in our very puny powder room. It does this:
IMG_3481

For when this happens:
IMG_3483

Yet why, oh why, oh WHY do I constantly find this:

IMG_3488

Hmmm...who's the turkey?

6 Comments:

Blogger Northern Mom said...

Your energy amazes me!
Have a great dinner today
Barb

8:54 AM EDT  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING NANCY!

Sounds like an amzaing weekend. I wish you were here with the boys. It could have been a blast. ANyways. I WILL See you soon.

Hugs
Sharon

4:58 PM EDT  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Great catch up post. You truly are Wonder Woman. I hope you are having a wonderful Turkey weekend.

I am Thankful to call you friend.

9:24 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nancy, I also always find the toilet paper across the room when I need it too!! And I live with 3 girls and only 1 guy!!!
Explanation ??
Not a clue!!
Happy Turkey Day- You are so right, even when life throws us curve balls, we all have so much to be thankful for!!

1:05 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Day! And nice TP thing. We could use one of those around here. It's not as classy as a ceramic pig or something, but it'll do.

Are you saying that Spiderman looks a little fey?

1:17 PM EDT  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

What a whirlwind of a week-end for you too! Sounds like loads of fun! So which restaurant did you end up going to?

As for the TP issue, same story here: seems ONLY mom knows how to perform the most complicated and complex of all household tasks...changing the roll and then when someone else does it, as in honestly once in a blue moon, they put it backwards ;(

2:58 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home