Thursday, September 28, 2006

Shh.

Don't wake the lazy blogger. That's me. Shh.

I believe I am kinda in a bit of a blogger lull. Shh.

It's not that we aren't having fun and not doing anything, cause we are, and we're having a blast. The boys are genuinely amazing these days and I am soaking it all in, every nano-second of it.

Like Tuesday, when we were having so much fun at the park, we got home way late, so when Gramps dropped in for a visit, when we'd usually be finished supper, dishes done, we were just sitting down to eat, oops? you say? Who cares, I say, remember fun.

Or yesterday, making up an impromptu scavenger pirate treasure hunt with rocks, leaves, sticks and gold! which created such giddiness and excitement, you'd think we were at frickin' Disneyworld. Fun!!

How can your heart not burst when being smothered with tickles and hugs while wrestling, playing "Whale Trapped in the Hole!" even if someone laughs so hard they pee on you. Still fun!

We are knee deep in all of our activities, library storytime starting up again this week after a long 6 week hiatus. They were so bloody excited to see Wendy, the 'teacher' cause "we get to do crafts and sing songs and Wendy always reads the best stories and I missed her cause she went on a really ig vacashun..." and they ran into her arms bringing tears to her eyes.

It seems they are in love with everyone and everything these days, actually crying for the first time when I had to answer "Sorry honey, there is no preschool today."

And me, don't forget me me me!! I got stuff going on too, like the curtains I ordered for the newly renovated family room (a.k.a. the grown-up room) arrive today. Oh, and I am being courted - LOL - to sit on the library advisory board for a three year term, cause (as I am told) they are looking for some younger members since there are too many grey hairs on the board. Do I tell them I have grey hair too? But I pay the nice ladies a small fortune to hide them.

Anyway, you get the drift. I'm even finding myself less time, and even less of an urge (obsession) to read ALL of you every day like I had been. I am reading, just commenting way less, cause I gotta knit squares. Knitting as many 12 inch squares as I can between now and November 15 so the nicer than me people at church who have way more time than me can sew them together to make warm cozy throws for those who don't have them. That's one form of multi-tasking I have yet to master, knitting and typing on keyboard at same time.

So shh. Please.


5 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

This sounds like a fabulous fall so far. It's great to see how much you love spending time with your boys.

9:18 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you!! Living life instead of just writing about it. I will happily keep checking in for periodic updates of a life as wonderful as this.

10:41 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started a reply to your last post, hit a wrong key and got frustrated when I lost it so didn't retype. But this post says exactly what I wanted to say. You spend time with your boys, you talk about anything and everything, you love them fiercely and they know it. These are the ways you bring up a child secure in your love and in their own self-worth. Maybe even enough that they reach out to someone else who's hurting and affect them just enough to turn them from a destructive path.

You're not helpless, Nancy - you're a great mom and I love reading about the things you do with the boys.

11:40 AM EDT  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

"Live life instead of writing about it"?? What a concept!

(no thanks)

I am *so* glad to hear that you and the boys are having such an awesome fall. Can I please steal the pirate treasure scavenger hunt idea, as I truly love it.

And, when you come up with a way to transmit a blog post directly from your head to your blog without using your hands, could you let me know? I think it might come in handy (pardon the pun) come May or so!

2:16 PM EDT  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

I've kinda have been a lazy blogger too ;) Faulty internet connections and busy, busy life getting in the way.

Have fun living you rlife and enjoying your boys!

3:10 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home