Friday, July 14, 2006

M.I.A.

Hello?

Hello, may I please speak with Nancy?

I'm sorry she's busy.

Oh, well, er, um, can I leave a message?

Sure you can, but I can't guarantee it will do you any good.

I see. I would just like to see if she is doing ok.

She is.

Are you sure?

Yes.

Is that it?

Yes. She is just really really busy.

Okay then, can you please tell her I was checking up on her?

I'll try, if I can find her. Last I heard she was tending her little garden of green beans and cherry tomatoes.


But I also heard they went to a picnic in the park, where her kids played on the swings for two solid hours, but the good news was nobody threw up.

She's also rather stressed and knee deep in this:

Then she got really pissed at having to look AGAIN at her neighbours underpants

And she's been into quite of bit of this lately

and this

And as those typical nights carry on, it makes you forget to take the cap off to fill your glass like a MORON:

So she took off and found some quality time with her kids...

I'll save the message for her, she'll be back in a few days.

11 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Well when she gets back I have a few things to discuss with her. Can you give her that message please?

LMAO! Goodone Nancy. Have fun with the boys and BOY your family room is unrecognizable.

I can't wait to see the finished room.

Kiss the boys for me.

Hugs

7:37 AM EDT  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Playgroup when the room is done?????

Glad you are having so much fun out there with your boys and the lobsters. That is indeed what summer is for.

Hope to see you when the sun is still warm :)

8:04 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell Nancy I'm upset at her ... she got rid of the beautiful wood panelling in the family room? I had told her to paint it out and redo the ceiling and that's all. Geeze. Sure, the wood was heavy looking, but once the paint covered that, it would have been incredible. Where is it now? In her fireplace, burned? Can you tell her she's MAD!!!!!!!!!!!! Sigh. I'm drained now.

If I find out that she's changed that AWESOME stone fireplace, tell her not to bother calling me again when she gets back from funland. (She's allowed to change the mantle though, if she wants)

Ok, I'm now fully drained.

8:54 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tell Nancy I'll be over to eat some cherry tomatoes when she gets back, and that I am an expert at making sure that wine bottles are opened then emptied.

9:13 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get my underpants off of the Internet!!!

Sincerely,
Your Next Door Neighbour

10:28 AM EDT  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

Ooo, all that sounds like way more fun than blogging!

7:02 PM EDT  
Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

These are all worthy reasons to postpone blogging. And I found the picket-fence and underpants photo kind of charming. I guess it would have been more so if there had been gingham pinafores hanging from that line, but whatcha gonna do?

7:35 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell Nancy that playtime is more important than blogging time, and to enjoy herself throroughly.

:)

9:15 AM EDT  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

glad to hear nancy is all right, busy but fun times for her, yeah!

and tell her she better make some of those blue drinks next fall ;)

11:47 PM EDT  
Blogger Ann D said...

Sounds like Nancy is doing exactly what the season requires. Resume.

8:06 PM EDT  
Blogger jo(e) said...

Looks like a good summer to me!

10:12 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home