Friday, March 30, 2007

conjugating

Isn't it great to listen to preschoolers having a conversation? This week we went to the park with friends. I offered to pick up and bring with us a friend since her brother was home sick, and I thought it would be nice to give her mother a break (she is sick too). Anyway, there we are with five 4 year olds climbing the play structure, all while listening to them discuss the illness of the our friend's twin brother.

B: Hi K! How is R doing?
K: He's sick.
M: What does he have? What's wrong with him?
K: He has a tummy flu.
M: What's that?
B: Did he throw up?
K: yes, lots
M: He throw upped?
K: yes, lots & lots
M: Oh No! He THROW UPPED? MOMMY!! Did you know that R throw upped!!??
K: but it's a good thing
M: it is?
K: yes, cause you know, throw upping is a good thing cause it gets rid of the bugs in his tummy
M (genuinely horrified): WHAAAT? He has BUGS in his TUMMY?

5 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Oh, god, yes. ALWAYS have to listen in. Once, when Liv was about four, a friend of hers had strep throat and her mom and I were discussing symptoms (yellow dots in the throat).

Later that afternoon, Liv came up to me in tears. Could I just check and make sure that there were no yellow ducks in her throat? She was so scared.

2:43 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwww.

Make sure you write all of these down.

3:29 PM EDT  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Too Funny. I love how they take things so literally.

Nathan is moving on from that. he can even make a play on words now.

Hugs

3:33 PM EDT  
Blogger BeachMama said...

I love listening in on the conversations. I keep meaning to bring out my video recorder to catch a few of those, but always seem to forget.

8:05 PM EDT  
Blogger Zany Mama said...

I totally love those conversations! You never know what they're going to take literally, what they're going to think is cool, and what's going to scare the crap out of them.

11:58 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home