Friday, December 01, 2006

Christmas Countdown - December 1

We link!



We will start the next 24 days off by making our very own countdown links. The kids love it.

"What is it?"

A good old fashioned paper link chain...24 (or 25? you choose) to be exact.

You will need : paper, cut in strips; tape or stapler (glue kinda annoying on this one) to attached together

BUT...

Let the kiddies decorate them first! Let them colour, use stickers, glitter, number before sticking them all together.

That's where this all started last year...when we made ours, I wrote inside each one a daily activity, so when we ripped it off each day, we read the 'daily news' to see what we got to do each day. So parents...feel free to use that too. Heck, you can even just write the title of a Christmas carol/song inside each one and sing a different song each day (but be forewarned, we WILL be having more than one singing day if you are playing along).



Then once it is all together, hang it somewhere, and as the days go by, the kids get SO excited as they can physcially see it gtting shorter and shorter, which is easy for the members of the younger crowd to see it getting closer and closer to the coveted day. We have a big sticker of Santa on the top ring.



This isn't one of my pics, but like this:



Hey....I'll show you mine if you show me yours....

4 Comments:

Blogger DaniGirl said...

A brilliant start - and you just reminded me that I totally forgot to fill the mini-treats advent calendar! The years I will get away with a slip of epic proportions like that are surely numbered!!

2:57 PM EST  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Great start Nancy! Great idea!

3:48 PM EST  
Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Since my kid is all grown, I think I'll make mine out of labels off of wine bottles.

4:38 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought one of those calendar ones made of felt the first year my twins were born. Someone chewed the star that is supposed to go in the day pockets though LOL. Looks like a fun way to count down Xmas though!

7:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home