Monday, November 13, 2006

This is your brain in the 2ww...

Yesterday I did a quick late afternoon grocery run. I ended up with 6 bags. My car was parked very close to the doors. Here was my brain:

Option A - carry all the bags like I normally would
Option B - push cart to car, unload, bring cart back to store

Easy peasy, right?

*BIG ASS BUZZER*

Wrong! I literally stood there for a few moments contemplating my options.

If I use option A, and I am not pg, then I am being sill and a wimp, and how the hell is carrying 6 bags of groceries gonna make the difference?

'They' do say not to carry heavy things.

If I choose option B, and I am not pg, then what a waste of that extra trip, you know, the one that would add about 90 seconds to my task.

90 seconds is A LOT of time you know!

I feel nothing, no twinges or pangs or anything, other than the occasional, dull PMS-like cramps. AF would normally be arriving any day now, but isn't supposed to due to the hormonal ingestion of estrace and PIO as part of my daily menu. With my track record, AF will show up right bang-ass on schedule. Not too optimistic at this point in the game.

Thanx for listening, oh, and I chose Option B. That's why this blog is 90 seconds late.

Edited to add apologize: that was a REALLY bad joke.

8 Comments:

Blogger BeachMama said...

You are way too funny. PMS like symptoms are a very good sign. But, you know that already. And I say until you have an answer saying otherwise, you are pg. Embryo + Uterus = PG!

9:37 AM EST  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

as far as I know you are carrying an embryo, so I for one, would act accordingly until proven otherwise

you know my motto: hang in there!

9:43 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent decision. All vacuuming and other chores should be delegated to your husband at this stage, and you have official permission to eat as much ice cream and chocolate as you want!
Fingers crossed...
tripleblessings

4:36 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I found your blog from a friend on mine that had it posted on hers (LOL- blogger by association).

Anyways, just wanted to let you know that I've been the IVF route, and have twin girls that are four years old. Also Canadian! Anyways, good luck with your 2WW; hoping your beta levels are through the roof.

elle

http://adayinthelifeofelle.blogspot.com

4:37 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as you didnt drop the embryos while making the many trips to the car! Glad you are taking it EASY!

Babydust vibes again, babe! (Remember when we (you) were going thru this moons ago?) YAY TEAM!

xoxo

7:39 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm laughing and nodding. Oh yes, the 2ww takes a woman who is otherwise perfectly norman and turns her into a neurotic mess... not that I"m speaking from experience or anything.

I LOVE the ticker at the top!!! I actually tried to put one up, but it completely messed up my alignment.

8:25 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember doing that. Thinking when is it too early to park in the PG lady parking spot? LOL! And I did use them.

(Well not in the 2ww ) but sooon as I got the okie dokie I was there.

;)

7:48 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you 8+ months of such indecision:~)

9:55 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home