Monday, November 27, 2006

Secret Powers

In the car, the conversation turned to secret powers. It started when T said he "saw a bad guy!" so I asked "what did he look like?!" and he answered, "I can't tell you cause he is invisible!" so I had to ask, "Then how did you see him?!" His answer: "That's my secret power."

So I was promptly asked, "Mommy! What's your secret power?" to which I replied, "I have eyes in the back of my head which allow me to see everything you do, even if I am in a different room." Followed with, "Oooooh Mommy! So THAT'S how you always know everything! Where did you get that power?" My answer: "From Gramma, she had that power when your uncle and I were little kids, and now I have it."

B's turn: "My secret power is that I can grow tall and tall and tall and tall..." (I am thinking he will say 'so I will be taller than Mommy & Daddy') when he gobsmacked me with this, "...so I can be soooooo tall I will see Gramma and Jesus and God."

Silence. I nearly cried. I told him that was the most beautiful super power I have ever heard of and that he is the luckiest boy in the world to have it.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh hun, that is wonderful. We play that superpower thing here with Pumpkin. SO similar. I love to see those imaginations fly.

And Pumpkin says similar things about my Dad (his Pepere) who he has never met, but constantly talks/asks about. Our loved ones never leave if you keep them alive in your heart and mind... and in your children. Recently, Pumpkin said he saw my Dad up in the sky with Luna (the moon). I confirmed that it was so, and that Pepere and Luna are good buddies. Sigh...

I totally understand, hun. Big hugs. This was a WONDERFUL thing. xoxo

9:26 AM EST  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

what a sweet precious boy

thanks for sharing such a heart-warming story, loved it

11:05 AM EST  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Awww Nancy, what an awesome little boy you have there. It is an awesome super power.

Hugs

12:04 PM EST  
Blogger SRH said...

Little Man just climbs stuff like Spiderman.

4:06 PM EST  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Aww, now that one makes me want to cry. What a special boy you have there. Enjoy your superpowers.

4:19 PM EST  
Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

They can bowl you over sometimes, can't they? Loved this.

4:49 PM EST  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

Oh, I didn't see that coming! You should warn a girl, and me all out of kleenexes...

8:18 AM EST  
Blogger Northern Mom said...

You have wonderful boys Nancy! You are truly blessed.
Barb

8:33 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home