Friday, November 24, 2006

Fourever

We are complete. A family complete with four amazing individuals, full of love, laughter, adventure and happiness, as well as the challenges and sadness that comes along for the ride. We are four, and will remain such fourever.

I am also at peace. I have been since transfer day. It was all I could ask for to just try our best. It was just way too hard, and not an option for me to simply 'dispose' of any frozen embryos we had. Now we have none. No more of that constant nagging "what if" and "if only" and "you just never know", cause now we truly know. We did our absolute best and gave those little embies the chance thei deserved. I will miss them, but in a different way.

Yes of course I am sad, who wouldn't be? But in light of what others have to deal with (you know who you are) we are blessed beyond comprehension having these two boys in our lives. Sounds cliché, but I cannot fathom life without them. We hit the jackpot after 2 years of infertility treatments, various procedures, medications, etc etc etc...and I can only wish the same for every other couple out there with the same dream.

Blessings to you all.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your boys are so lucky. So much I'd like to say but you really said it best - we're all so blessed.

Big hugs,

10:39 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, I'm so sorry. If we'd had any frozen embies, I would have made the same decision you did, to take a chance. And I'm glad that you feel okay about having a family of 4, like many others. Sending virtual hugs, and prayers and best wishes,
tripleblessings

11:08 PM EST  
Blogger BeachMama said...

You know how much I wanted this to work out for you guys. But, you said it best when you said you gave it your best try. You have two beautiful miracles with you now and really and truly are blessed.

Thinking of you.

8:10 AM EST  
Blogger Marni said...

Hugs and blessings to you...

8:32 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry that the transfer didn't stick, but I think you have a wonderful perspective on life and family. I understand exactly when you describe having to use all the embies... I felt exactly the same way during my IVF/FET. I also understand what you mean that you will miss them too.

From another mom of IVF twins... all the hardships we go through is 100 fold rewarded the moment we see our children for the first time. It just makes the struggle more meaningful. You are absolutely right that it's the blessings we are thankful for that makes life meaningful.

10:10 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come with all you have written in the past week, it is this title that makes me cry?

10:37 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that this isn't the result you really wanted. You ARE blessed, many MANY times over. I firmly believe that this is the way things supposed to be - I know that statement probably doesn't give lots of comfort today, but one day it will, truer than true.

Take good care. Know that we love you. xoxo

1:23 PM EST  
Blogger jo(e) said...

(o)

5:56 PM EST  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I'm so sorry, Nancy.

8:40 AM EST  
Blogger Zany Mama said...

I love "fourever" - it just sounds great. Good for you for going for it and making sure you don't have any regrets, and good for you in realizing what you already have - a wonderful family.

I'm sending you all warm thoughts.

12:26 PM EST  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

Nancy, how do you keep finding new ways to make me love and admire you?

Smother those boys in kisses from me, wouldja please?

9:51 AM EST  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

(((((((((hugs)))))))))

11:09 AM EST  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Blessings right back at ya. We have traveled a long road but cannot complain becasue we have our dreaming running around driving us nuts at times. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Hugs to you sista!

12:06 PM EST  
Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I thought I'd commented here, but I've scrolled up and down and don't see it.

I know this was tough for you, but I love your count-your-blessings mentality, and your resilience in the face of heartache. You're strong and amazing, and your children will benefit from this strength.

4:48 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home