Monday, August 21, 2006

Maria.

Von. Trapp. Oh, how I covet thee.

Thanx so much to Ann, for the article about The Sound of Music. Actually, more thanx (again) for single-handedly upping my sitemeter stats from your link to me, you are too kind.

Why do I like Maria so much? Who wouldn't want a great singing voice, beautiful flawless skin, energy, creativity, emotions (yes, even wanna-be-nuns have hormones) and a ton of kids in love with you? I would! (note: working on the hubs for that last one).

And, the romance. Aaaah. That. Romance. Aaaaaaaaah. The flirting, the tension, that sense of sureness exuded by the Captain. Mmmmmmm, the Captain. Not so much his looks, but just his aura...ay yi yi, enough to make anyone all giddy, let alone a nanny-nun!

And of course there is the music. The beautiful music. Every single song in the show is meaningful, fun, memorable, and I know almost every word and can play a handful of them on the piano.

And of course, the romance, did I mention that? The excitement we all feel when Liesl has her crush on Rolfe, and they share those innocent moments of teenage like.

Hey - didja know that the actor who played Rolfe,
Daniel Truhitte, that coincidentally, his first wife's parents' names were Rolf and Liesl. Too funny!

More trivia: the REAL
Maria von Trapp played an uncredited role as an extra in the real 1965 Sound of Music film.

Oh, I could go on...OK, one more, that
Nicholas Hammond, who played Friedrich, then went on to be Spiderman?

Anyway, I have always had a 'thing' for the Sound of Music, in so many ways (don't forget the romance) Now, if I could only solve all my problems with a song... (humming: Raindrops on roses and whispkers on kittens....)

What's your favourite all time film? (make it an oldie like The Sting and none of this Snakes on Planes crap) What about your favourite song? Singing in the Rain? Over the Rainbow??

Reminisce....

5 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

OH I have one that I watch ever single year at Christmas

White Christmas... Rosemary Clooney and Bing Crosby! I love that ending scene where they opent he doors and they are singing White Christmas and it's snowing.

Makes me tear up ever freakin time.

AND

Singing in the Rain has as special spot too. I went into labour (Altbeit early) with Nathan watching that movie.

I love ole muscial and I do love The sound of Music too. Christopher Plummer! WOW!

And Yes I like even Catbalou!

12:18 PM EDT  
Blogger Ann D said...

Any man who takes me into a pavillion and sings sweet nothings into my ear can have his way with me. Just saying.

Annonymous

4:35 PM EDT  
Blogger BeachMama said...

"Breakfast at Tiffany's"

Even though she is pretty much a call girl, I just love that movie. The glamour, the parties, finding her love who is none of the above. And of course, I love the hair and the outfits.

3:03 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

The Judy Garland version of A Star is Born. I love it all. I laugh, I cry.

If there's ever a Sing Along with the Sound of Music coming through town again, let's go!

PS I am dressing as the hot chick Captain Von Trapp almost married.

PPS I have quit reading a particular blog because the person claimed Captain Von Trapp as one of her favourite fictional characters. It is with pride that I tell you I have read biographies of that family, and the Mary Martin album version of it I wore right through.


PPPS I will always, always think that Maria got ripped off by having to walk up the aisle during her frigging gorgeous wedding to a reprise of "How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria?"


PPPPS Rolf = RRRRRRRolf! (drool) One of my first crushes.

PPPPPS Why was Captain Von Trapp such good friends with a flaming promoter?

10:03 PM EDT  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

See, you could make a squidoo lens all about the Sound of Music - you already have all the links!!

8:04 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home