Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Great.

As I was making lunch, the chillens were playing in the basement. Our brand spanking new basement in 90% intended to serve as their playroom. It is their domain, BUT, with some rules and respect that are expected to be followed.

I am really really really really really trying to work on teaching them to clean up one mess before making another. If one dumps both (yes, we are now up to two) bins of Rescue Heroes, then before dumping the lego bin (only one, but it's big-ass), then we should clean up all the Rescue Heroes. Easy peasy, right? Right? RIGHT?

So, I am prepping the gourmet meal (sammiches), and I hear the dumpage of bins. More than one. I have yet to hear any tidying of prior dumpage. So, I call down,

"You're tidying up first, right?"

from the bowels: "Pardon?"

I repeat, "Your tidying up first, right?"


Silence.



Silence.




Silence.





More silence.

(I am now snickering to myself imagining them standing in the middle of an exponential mess, looking at each other, dumbfounded, mouthing the words "busted" to each other)

Still silent.

Then.....




"Great. Just great"

I nearly peed my panties laughing so hard.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Hilarious; we really DO have eyes in the back of our heads!

Now. Please come over and teach this 20-year-old kid that is staying in my house, temporarily, to do the same thing your 4 year old boys are doing. Thank you.

3:05 PM EDT  
Blogger BeachMama said...

That is hilarious!

We are now up to a plethera of Rescue Heroes too, complete with an aircraft carrier that takes up way too much room. Time for Hubby to finish our basement here, I think ;)

6:13 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy, when did they grow up?

6:40 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

You did have secret cameras installed down there too, for when they're too quiet? And for when they're teenagers? Because they're going to be teenagers some day, you know.

10:05 AM EDT  
Blogger nancy said...

Shut up Marla, they are NOT.

11:32 AM EDT  
Blogger Jess D'Zerts said...

"I nearly peed my panties laughing so hard."

Well, yeah... me too, now!

11:41 AM EDT  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

LMAO! I can see the boys looking at each other think DOAH! We've been caught!

Too cute for words.

9:08 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home