Saturday, May 27, 2006

The Eve

It is like friggin' Christmas Eve around here. It is 1 AM and I just finished wrapping presents. We have a birthday party here tomorrow (today? ack!) and even though I am bleary eyed with exhaustion, Aunt Flo has arrived just in time for the celebrations, and I am certain to have forgotten one key item needed...I am practically giddy with anticipation.

The boys are so so so so so so so excited. Their cousins are coming for a sleepover. They very likely couldn't give a shit about getting any presents, as long as there is cake and their cousins, they will be so happy. But, there are presents. Lots of them. I am not even going to get into the whole 'hmmm...are they spoiled' debate, cause yes, they are.

As I wrapped each gift (twice, since we still get two of almost everything) I literally, physically had butterflies in my stomach. We prepared for this gift giving extrabaganze. We went to TRU, we did the list, we went back to recertify "The List" and so, when I know someone is getting the one Rescue Hero he has been coveting for months (a friend has it) or someone else the CD he's been asking for cause his older girlfriend Katie got it for her 5th birthday in February, I respond in a physiological nature. We even threw in a new outdoor toy, cause, well, it just looked like so much fun. (oooh, note to ebay shoppers, only $9.99 at my Loblaws). I know from others they are getting this very kool edumacational toy and another outdoor toy. (aren't relaticks and godparents just the bestest ever in this whole wide world?)

Anyway, is it about the toys? Sure! It is about the excitement, the fun, the look in their eyes, and yes, everything else in between.

I love them so much it hurts. I know you parents out there know what I am saying. When they were born, I cried for months out of pure joy just at the sight of them doing anything from sleeping to drooling to farting. It is four years later, I am still crying at the same things. And more. Much more. They continue to amaze me every single day. I hope that never changes (at least till they are teenagers, but one can always dream).

I was teasing them about not needing a cake and we will just put a candle in a fig newton, or a waffle, or scrambled eggs. My first born replied, "But Mommy, we HAVE to have a birthday cake on our birthday, I LOVE cake, it is the most important thing!" So there you have it, I do hope they have a fun day with family, lots of love and laughs, and of course I want them to have their cake and eat it too.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

I like reading about your kids, takes me back. Those feelings never go away, isn't it wonderful?

8:43 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I was there to enjoy the party!!

Have a fantastic day, and I will eagerly await the photo essay!

2:40 PM EDT  
Blogger BeachMama said...

I hope they have the most marvelous of birthdays!! I can't believe they are four already. Spoil them all you want, they will only turn four once :)

Happy Birthday Boys!!!

3:57 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like its going to be a great birthday celebration!

Its a celebration of the miracle of their birth and the day you finally got to meet them and become a mommy. So have a blast!!!

1:59 AM EDT  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

YOU GO GIRL! I know the party is over and all the gifts are unwrapped and I feel the same way every year when I get Miranda something for her Birthday! Or Nathan List we start the day after his Birthday. LMAO!

I just love what they say and how they think. You know what...jack is gone and they both slept in my bed lastnight. I had abosultely no room but DID I CARE...nah!

SIGH...Great Blog Nancy makes me feel all tingly...Miranda birthday is a Month away! Forget Jack's that is this Thursday!

LMao! (Yes I will make him a cake!)

9:19 AM EDT  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

I was thinking about you and your beautiful boys all day yesterday, but alas, I was nowhere near a keyboard to tell you so.

I hope the birthday party was wonderful - I'm sure it was. Reading your post left me with a huge grin on my face, and warmth in my heart. Isn't it amazing that we find ways to love them even MORE as they get older?

Happy Birthday, Boys!!!!!!

10:25 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home