Saturday, April 29, 2006

Love-fest, with cheese

Lately, twin A has taken to expressing his love for us SO much. All on his own volition, out of the blue, often with a mouth fill of rice krispies or while sitting on the toilet. It is the best of the best and can make my day. You should see my father melt when his little grandson says it to him, again, unsolicited. We played outside all afternoon, had a rough few moments as Daddy left for the airport (countdown at 9 sleeps till he returns) but some bike riding, a couple of freezies and a treasure hunt in the sandbox really helped. Hence, the best kid of dirty boys ever.

Fast forward to more mess from spagetti supper, butterscotch pudding with bananas and Girl Guide cookies (can you say comfort food?) = bathtime, pronto!

While toweling of a little boy, who had 20 minutes prior been one of those best kind of messiest/dirtiest ever I was reminded of one of my most favouritest ever of such conversations.

Twin A : I love you.

Moi : I love you too, sweetheart, thank you!

Twin A : I love you like a grilled cheese sammich and I will put more cheese on you and love you more.

Moi : Well then, I love you too like a grilled cheese sammich, and I don't even need to put ketchup or extra cheese cause I would eat you up cause I love you so much just the way you are.

Twin A : (pause) No! Don't eat me, just kiss me.

I more than happily obliged.

9 Comments:

Blogger jo(e) said...

What a sweet kid!

9:31 PM EDT  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Thzt was sweet.

6:36 AM EDT  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Ahhhh, melts my heart.

7:47 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awwww....

10:15 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh....hopefully there will be many more of those conversations make those 9 (8?) sleeps fly by :~)

10:45 AM EDT  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

The rewards of motherhood: such delicious intangible memorable little snippets of life. Thanks for sharing such a sweet moment. We too get these moments with our twins, at times they try to outdo each other at how much they love us.

3:40 PM EDT  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

That actually brought tears to my eyes. So very lovely!

8:40 PM EDT  
Blogger SRH said...

That is really sweet. I get a big 2 1/2 year old hand in my face saying, "No kissy, Papa. No kissy."


Then he leans over for a kiss, with a big grin on his face.

7:51 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is more than sweet. The boy, not the sammich.

11:08 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home