Saturday, April 22, 2006

From tampons to a what??

Remember this post? The one where my 3 year old son asked what the feminie hygiene product dispenser thingy hanging on the wall in the aldies washroom at the public swimming pool was? Remember?

Yesterday, in that very same bathroom. They no longer need my answers, they have their own. The products are simply displayed / offered through small graphic pics of each, and perhaps a little outdated seeing as each respective item looks like, well, read on.

As I am washing my hands...

A : See this B? You put the money in there and then you turn this and ...








B (who loves to finish everyone's sentence and NEVER let anyone else say anything EVER : then you get a telescope!! Look Mommy! It's a telescope! Can we have some money?







Moi : (ignore, pretend not to hear)

A : No, B, it isn't a telescope, it's a map! See? Just like Dora has.







B : what is in that one?
A : that's nothing, it's just a box
B : oh, well then I would like to get the telescope
Moi : Come on troops, wanna go get some ice cream??


All was forgotten, once again. (insert larger than normal sigh of relief)

And I am sure we aren't done yet.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Telescope... what a clever little guy :)

*still snickering*

8:52 AM EDT  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Too funny, once your guys start reading, what on earth are you going to do about washrooms in public??

9:03 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait until they discover the balloons in the men's washroom....

10:13 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, the creative imaginations your boys have are a great reflection of the experiences you give them...well done mom!

10:14 AM EDT  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

Dang, Snack Mommy stole my comment!!!

Your boys are brilliant, if not a little embarrassing to take out in public!!

6:51 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Silly. You tell them it is a mousie kit. Just pull it out of the tubes, draw two eyes and whiskers on it, and ta da! How boring! Unless they are like my daughter, where they will want to hug it and kiss it and sing it the ABCs.

9:00 PM EDT  
Blogger jo(e) said...

The telescope thing is too funny.

Why not let them buy a tampon and put it in the sink and see how much water it can absorb? It *is* sort of cool.

My boys were fascinated when I explained to them that athletes, both male and female, use tampons for nose bleeds.

1:16 PM EDT  
Blogger stats chick said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:10 PM EDT  
Blogger nancy said...

OK so lemme get this straight...

Dani & Snack - you think I am giving my kids good experiences by letting them play with the tampon machines? And you think they are brilliant cause they think it looks like a telescope?? Not.

Marla &jo(e) - both your suggestions made me laugh, but also grossed me out. Perhaps I am not liberal enough, but I do think I will have a very hard time letting my kids do crafts and science projects with tampons.

9:11 PM EDT  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

What they don't have ballon is Felamle Bathrooms in Your area snack mommy? They have flavored ones in some of mine.

LOL!

OH nancy those too have great imginations. Nathan has asked about them here at home. He found some of Miranda's I told him it was for girls and they are really any fun at all. He seemed not to care. LOL! Although they have those flavored condoms in a machine at St.laurent and he wanted an ice cream out of the machine I said they were too small and I took him for a bigger one. Should have heard the snickers as I walked out.

10:29 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In our family, there's not a whole lot of privacy with these things ...

"Mommy's body builds a blood-nest every month. If it's not used, then it comes out of her baby hole."

It's amazing how nonchalant the children are about it. But I guess they need to be, if they're going to be so clingy and inseparable.

1:03 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In our family, there's not a whole lot of privacy with these things ...

"Mommy's body builds a blood-nest every month. If it's not used, then it comes out of her baby hole."

It's amazing how nonchalant the children are about it. But I guess they need to be, if they're going to be so clingy and inseparable.

1:03 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe I should comment again ... just in case.

1:04 PM EDT  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

Hey peefer, the words "blood-nest" and "baby hole" were funny enough to merit repeating them!! I snickered through both comments!

2:24 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home