Thursday, April 20, 2006

Playskool Laundry

The construction in the basement is going great. I have been sneaking in my laundry after hours, whenever I can since I can't very well do it with all the action going on during the day. It has been fun, the washer &/or dryer often being temporarily set up in a different location each day. They were both disconnected for the past 2 days. I did do a couple of loads next door at the Chez Papa laundromat, and was prepared to do the same this evening.

Good news! Laundry facilities available at home tonight!

I just went into the 4 inch layer think in dust basement to find my washer & dryer in their new home - the official laundry room. How exciting!! They are about 6 feet apart though, so still a wee bit of temporary going on. And now...no lights. Anywhere.

Laundry. Must. Get. Done.

I head upstairs to the bottom drawer of my night table where I keep a flashlight in case one is ever needed in middle of the night. Gone. Fuck. My D(using term loosely)H once laughed at me keeping on there. This means he is to blame. I have no idea where it is, nor can I find another one. Think. Think. Think.

Laundry. Must. Get. Done.

IDEA!!!


The boys have one of these!! I'll use it. Hurrah! One thing. Do you know how hard it is to load a dust covered washer, in the dust covered dark, with a toy flashlight that dims after 5 seconds to preserve battery life? Not as easy task. Now I gotta go try to transfer the wet clothes from washer to dryer. What the heck, they are boys, who played outside for 5 hours straight today. They're just gonna get dirty again. And again. And again....

6 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

You are a dedicated laundress, Nancy.
Ah, the trials of housekeeping.

10:20 PM EDT  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Must be nice to have the facilities in their new home. You must do laundry everyday like my Mom. I keep reminding myself that "J" is only clean for a short period of time, so I have to get over it.

6:52 AM EDT  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

I would Die if I couldn't wash MR. N's clothes. He gets sooo dirty every day. Grant you I don't ahve a problem withhim gettng dirty. At least he is outside.

And I have one of those flashlights it was Mir's, still works.

7:57 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, it beats beating them against a rock.

The clothes, I mean.

10:03 AM EDT  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Heh heh, love it!

I'm a little concerned because we're going to start kitchen construction soon, and the only way to the laundry room is through the kitchen, or outside, through the garage and into the basement. it could be problematic.

11:54 AM EDT  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

And look, free Playboy you can read while you're down there!

Maybe you could do it by candlelight instead, just like our ancestors used to load their washers and dryers in the days before electricity?

And why is it a dryer instead of a drier?

12:01 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home