Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mudder Dayz!!

That is how I was greeted last night, while being presented with my card. Inside the card was a preschooler made bookmark, on pink paper, with pressed with dried flowers taped to it. It is actually quite lovely. I exclaimed, "Oh! I love my new bookmark!" and was promptly corrected, "That isn't a markbook, it's fowlers for you cause I know you love fowlers". It is already being used. As a markbook, so there.

Wanna know how privileged I am??? (for an excellent definition of that statement, please refer to
Phantom Scribbler's post and comments about that). Since we did the Mudder Dayz thing last night, with take out Vietnamese for no cooking for Mom (yum), brownies for dessert, then the 'thang'. It was too funny, cause I didn't really know we were doing anything. I was practically all the way under the sink refilling the soap dispenser, cleaning garbage, etc and the boys come running in to tell me "Happy Mudder Dayz!" So out I climb covered in crumbs, liquid soap and more crumbs.

They gave me a gift card for Pier 1 Imports. Have I ever mentioned my near obsession with that place? We are going to be renovating the family room this summer, for which we will need a new couch (the old one going in the new basement). I am coveting these accent pillows


for my new couch, which I want to be in the colour of chocolate brown. A-shopping I will go!!!

My father stopped by this morning to also give me something - what a surprise! I am totally thrilled to have received

this recipe book. I have the previous two and love them so much, now I have a complete collection!

Yesterday I ran out of coffee. I had intended to get some, but just didn't get to it. Mr. Beloved is working all weekend, he was to leave the house by 7:30. Me thinks he left a little early cause when I came downstairs this morning, waiting for me was a very sweet card from him AND a large time of Tim Horton's coffee grounds. LOVE THAT MAN!!! (the husband, not Mr. Horton)

I guess the 'icing on the cake' was the fact that the boys slept until 8:15 this morning. Happy Mudder Dayz to me.

A good friend just called me to wish me a Happy Day. She hesitated to include the word mother, and then explained to me why. She was wondering if it was a hard day for me, since
my mother died almost 3 years ago. Of course I am sad, and I miss her desperately every day, but this morning is different. I was thinking of her, and smiling while feeling inspired. She is truly such an inspiration to me, even in her physical absence. I can only aspire to be half as good a mother to my children as she was to me. It may seem kinda corny and typical that on Mother's Day Mudder Dayz, that one of the three people that truly keeps me going on this very day (and every other day) is my mother. The other two? They are currently bare chested playing fishies in the bathroom sink spilling water 'everywhere the place'. Isn't motherhood grand?

A very special Mother's Day wish to all the Mom's reading this. We deserve it.

5 Comments:

Blogger BeachMama said...

Happy Mother's Day Nancy, to one of the best most talented Mom's I know. Glad you had a wonderful day yesterday and today. And yes, I love those pillows, hope to see then this summer?

2:27 PM EDT  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Happy Mothers day to you Nancy!

Isee it was very special...Just as it should be

Hugs

10:38 PM EDT  
Blogger SRH said...

Happy mom's day

8:33 AM EDT  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

That was a beautiful post and glad to hear you had a wonderful Mudder Dayz as you so richly deserve.

Love those pillows btw!

hugs to one great mum

12:43 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice gifts!! But, HELP...I deleted that email you sent with your new email address!!!! Send it to me!!! PLEASE!

10:10 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home