Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I cried. For real.

I really did. I cried yesterday morning when my boys received their first REAL birthday party invite. You know the kind, to the party, for preschool friend, who I don't know (but rest assured I do know who he is, of him, and have met his parents). But, people, this is for real.

It's a Pirate Party.
On a Sunday.
At 11:30 AM.

Am I expected to leave them? If yes, what does this mean? That my offspring are actually growing up? For real? I am not sure I am ready for this. I really didn't expect it till they were at least in kindergarten, maybe even grade 1. That would be 2008. That would buy me at least 2 more years to prepare.

I am not prepared.

Or ready.

This is just TOO REAL.

Again! Late in the afternoon, B was outside with Daddy, A was listening to music with me as I prepared supper. Doorbell. It's the six year old girl from two doors down.

"Does A wanna play with me?"

Pardonnez-moi? Pardon me? WTF??? Er, um, NO, he doesn't cause he is still too little and too young and well, just, er, um, come on in, go ask him.

They went out in the back to play. Together. Soccer. Then they were swinging together, squealing with laughter. Then screaming for fun, just because they could.

This can't be real, can it? Really? Holy shit, I really need a reality check. For real.

4 Comments:

Blogger Northern Mom said...

Nancy,
Jo is 15 months younger than the twins I think...she gets..are you ready??? Phone calls to go out and play. Nevermind knocking on the door....
Yikes
Barb

10:45 AM EDT  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

yep, growing in leaps and bounds!

first bday party, fun! my twins are going to one next week-end, a Luau one(for another set of twins, two girls!) and must be their 6th one or so. I've yet not left them alone at one, mostly because of baby boy's peanut allergy though, which reminds me I have to go get some bday presents and have NO clue what to get these 2 girls

11:06 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Nancy, I hear you!! Tristan recently had his first movie party. I just about choked when she told me "drop off" time. What do you mean drop off? Isn't it just arrival time? You mean, I have to, um, leave?

Although 5 mins into the mall next to the theatre, I got an immense love of the phrase drop off time....

11:18 AM EDT  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Wow Nancy, Your boys are really growing up! We get phone calls from cousins, but no "real" bday partiy invites yet. I wouldn't know what to do if I had to drop him off for a party.

1:55 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home