Tuesday, November 15, 2005

It's CHRISTMASTIME!!

This morning was the first little snow. We were eating breakfast and Twin A notices and asks "Mommy, is it snowing outside?" and I answer "Yes." He then leaps from the table, starts jumping up & down yelling "It's Christmastime! It's Christmastime!" Ay yi yi. I remind him that Christmas is a little while away just yet, but he isn't listening. He is yanking at the basement door trying to open it declaring that it is of utmost importance we go downstairs to get all the "Christmas decorayshuns" to put "everywhere the place". He was so genuinely excited and determined I was almost tempted to feed his request. I managed to control myself but it wasn't easy. So, just beware when asked "When will it be Christmas" and your answer is "When it is wintertime, when the snow is here."

The one benefit to the children realizing that Christmas is slowly becoming a reality is the 'warning' of Santa watching who is good or bad really and truly works wonders as a behaviour modification tool. In fact I overheard B telling A he better not cry or else Santa won't bring him a robot. I just wonder WTF I am gonna do once Christmas has come and gone, I don't figure the Easter Bunny has the same effect as the great man in red.

40 MORE SLEEPS!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Snow? Wow, it's so warm here (about 70 degrees F [21 degrees C]) today that I can't even imagine snow.

I love "everywhere the place"!

11:17 AM EST  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Yes, the snow yesterday was Christmasy and fun... but the 15 degrees of warmth today are much better ;). Of course, they are calling for snow tomorrow, rain on Friday.... I think this may go on back and forth for a while.

J has really started to understand the Santa concept this year. He went from being terrified last year to wanting to go see him this year, so I think this will be the year for photos. I just hope we can get him to understand the whole specialness of Christmas.

Anna - who really wants to decorate this year!

1:20 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had the exact same reaction here Nancy! And the twins requested a small Xmas tree in their bedroom!
Oh, and ain't santa great as a behavior modifier?

3:48 PM EST  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Nathan keeps asking when santa is coming. I keep telling after the snow stays for a good long while. I'm not getting caught this year. LOL! He played in the snow all day. LOVED IT!

4:51 PM EST  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

Yes, we had the snow=Christmas reaction at our house, too. I told Tristan, "There are this many sleeps until Christmas...", then counted to 38 very slowly. I don't think it fazed him. The Christmas parade tomorrow won't help. It's going to be a long 6 weeks!

10:02 AM EST  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

40 more sleeps? Plenty of time!

2:24 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home