Sunday, September 25, 2005

I welcome...

After reading her Welcome Fall post over at Beachmama’s blog, I got to thinking. What do I like best about this pending (now here) season. Here are a few things I came up with:

  • The crisp cool sunny days spent at the park while not having to worry about heat stroke
  • The diminished annoyance of bugs
  • All of the mums that are in full spectacular bloom
  • The soon-to-be piles of leaves in which we will frolic and jump
  • Now we are wearing pants more often and I don’t have to shave my legs daily.
Yup – that’s it!! How terrific is it that I don’t have to worry about wearing shorts or going to the pool daily all while keeping legs and armpits daily? Woo Hoo!! A European (at heart) where I can let it grow and all hang out and feel sexy, I am not. But at least I’ll have that little extra layer of warmth under my jeans.

All together now “Eeeeeiiiiuuuuwwww”. Now how the hell did I go from jumping in the leaves to hairy legs? Sorry Beachmama, but I welcome more, the pants.


7 Comments:

Blogger Running2Ks said...

Autumn, bring it on, hair, leaves, and all :)

8:00 PM EDT  
Blogger BeachMama said...

LOL, you are a hoot! I have been known not to wax the legs as often in the winter, as it definately offers some more warmth for sure. I forgot about the less bugs thing, how I could forget I am not sure, but it is easier not to worry about getting eaten alive. My little guy doesn't seem to understand the concept of shoes and a jacket whenever we go outside though.

Anna - listening to the rain this morning :(

6:14 AM EDT  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

What's this another FALL blog??? Must be in the air. I love fall too and I will resist writing about it in my blog (well at least for a few days) I love to wear pants (jeans) and wear dressy jackets over a nice top. I have tons of jackets I love to wear. Dressy BOOTS ...Gotta love my boots. I find everyone looks alittle fresher int he fall and I even like the colour on the trees although I know the nasty weather in November is on it;s way.

8:23 AM EDT  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

Sheesh, I should read before I post - I wrote about the arrival of fall this morning too. And I didn't even think about the hairy legs thing, probably because I shaved this morning to avoid tearing my nylons to shreds before I even make it out of the house.

Off to follow the trail back to Anna's blog...

8:36 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay Fall! Because it and and everyone smells better!

9:34 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the fall, sense of renewal with back to school and routines setting in and especially warm cozy sweaters, love those

happy fall, hairy legs and all

11:05 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I shave my pits daily (the itching makes me crazy!) but even in the summer I am terrible with my legs!!! Who cares??? I am married to a European, right???

2:59 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home