Thursday, September 08, 2005

Colour me orange

I am gonna burst. I am just as excited as I am a pathetic 38 year old woman. I am married, have two 3 year olds, a great husband, a dog, a cat, a fish all in a very nice home, everything I need, right? Well maybe just one more thing and it is finally here. I am practically peeing my pants. (go away googlers, I did NOT say ‘golden shower’) The O.C. starts tonight!!!

I can hardly wait. I didn’t get much into the teeny-bopper TV world until
Dawson (thank you Christine). And that ended all wrong. Joey with Pacey (most of you were please with that, ick to me) and now Joey Potter is with Tom Cruise. Humungous ick. I tried Ninety-Two-Ten, really I did, but at that point in my life it was just a really bad fit. What others, 7th Heaven?? Gee, the acting on that one is really top notch, dontcha agree? Gag. Who cares, The O.C. starts tonight!!!

Which boy would you pick? Ryan or Seth? I won’t say who is for me just yet. I may even opt for big Daddy Sandy, but he would absolutely have to deal with his unibrow first. However, during that bit where he was ‘not’ cheating on his wife with his ex, (I do know their names, just not wanting to bore you even more) he was wearing a really hot leather jacket/coat. OMG if I could get my hands on one of those for Beloved he would melt…me! The O.C. starts tonight!!!

Are you tired of my exclamation marks yet? I am also excited about another show, which has been on hiatus far too long,
Nip/Tuck. It starts here in Canada on the 23rd (got that Robin?) and likely earlier in the USA (got that Robin?) so all you Americans, please ssssshhhh – no spoilers please. The O.C. starts tonight!

Oh No!!! TWO Apprentices?? Holy shit, I’ll never be able to keep up.
Martha on the 21st and Donald on the 22nd. Thank the TV Lords that American Idol doesn’t start till the New Year. Other notables are Vegas: Sept 19 (Mmmm….Josh Duhamel); ER: Sept 22 (yes I still love that show); and Amazing Race: Sept 27. When the hell am I gonna get anything done??

Yes, I am mature woman of the new millenium, setting a fine example for those behind me. Here is one more thing for this most scintillating and surely life altering post to all 4½ of my readers. Anyone remember the show H.R. Pufenstuf?

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like it's Nancy's night to shine. Look out, here comes the popcorn (air of course), diet coke, and maybe the odd PBC thrown in.

Signed,
Your friend who also gets a little weak in the knees over the new fall schedule....especially Survivor

10:06 AM EDT  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

HR Puff'n'Stuff?? Loved it!! Sid and Marty Kroft were my heroes when I was a kid. Freddie the Flute, the witch with the big hat. I think the Krofts did one of my childhood faves, too - Land of the Lost.

Looks like some excellent TV this fall. It's about time! You didn't mention the return of Desperate Housewives - I've been looking forward to that one all summer.

Pass the popcorn!!

10:10 AM EDT  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Hooray, I was wondering when everything was starting and now I have the line-up! Will be with you on the popcorn, or perhaps a carrot or two :)

Anna

1:41 PM EDT  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Well Nancy I don't get to watch too much t.v with a teenager and a hubby in the house...so You can email me any time and keep me filled in. Miranda has lost faith in the show..I know, I know you may have to talk with her. You know the number.

LOL
Sharon
Who will watch the amazing race when she gets the chance!

2:05 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nancy!!!

Just found you here, congrats on the blogging debut, awesome so far :)

Thanks for filling me in on the fall line-up, all duly noted on fat-ass family calendar in kitchen.

Looking forward to keeping in touch with you here.

Your other twin mom friend ;)

2:35 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that would be me

montsé xxx

2:35 PM EDT  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I myself am looking forward to Lost and the West Wing. I didn't watch Lost during the regular season but have been addicted to the reruns all summer.

And of COURSE I remember HR Puffnstuff. I am that old. I can even hum the theme song!

3:06 PM EDT  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

I'm dying over the West Wing too. I just got addicted to Rescue Me. Ack, I'm actually watching Kathy Griffin. Gilmore Girls, anyone?

TV is my friend. My lovely friend.

6:25 PM EDT  
Blogger nancy said...

Oh Dani - THANK YOU for the Desperate HW reminder - of course!!

Gilmore Girls - when I catch it I'll watch it

I am not surprised Dani remembers H.R. Pufenstuf - Witchypoo!!! but I most impressed that TWO of you remember - WTG Suzanne!!

What a night - OC, then Beloved and I watched 'Reunion' which we both thought was quite good!

Anna - a carrot??? dipped in chocolate I hope!

10:42 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Do you know about Television Without Pity? (Yes, another snark and smack talk forum I waste my time on!)

Me, I just watch those nineteen episodes of My So Called Life over and over and over.

11:14 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!YES....!!! I agree!! The OC back on BUT what a let down! Maybe it was the anticipation but I was not satisfied! And personally I am so into Bog Daddy Sandy- he is hot!!!! I do like them tall dark and hairy -- oops! I meant handsome!! I also still like ER and cannot wait for Amazing Race.. but have you been watching RockStar INXS ?? It rocks!! I cannot wait for American Dreams, Joan of Arcadia, Without a Trace and I do confess...American Idol. But I HATE it when shows come on earlier than 9pm- my children so get in the way!!!!
But yes.....the OC os back on!!!!!!

12:41 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home