Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I did, I did, really I did.

Last night while doing various chores I composed an absolute brilliant blog entry, In my head. It was spectacular. Then I sat down to write it out and *poof* it was gone. All gone. Down the drain gone. Buh-bye.

I'll try to get it back, since I know you are ALL on the edge of your seats in anticipation (yes, all four of you). OK wait, I'll confess, it really wasn't all that good.

I think we survived our first day of preschool. I was a basket of nerves and a blubbering mess, but it seemed to have gone very nicely. We go again Wednesday morning (going twice/week for 2 hours) and so far no protests. I am not sure that I am OK just yet, but after seeing the experienced preschool Mommies come out of the drop-off skipping with glee, grinning ear to ear, there is hope for me yet.

Thank you for your patience (not sure just who I am thanking) but regular scheduled programming will resume shortly, this is only a test. Do not adjust your set. BeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeP.

7 Comments:

Blogger BeachMama said...

Preschool??!!??! They can't be old enough. What are you going to do with those two hours? Is is close enough that you can do something?

Anna - very scared for that day, and I can see the school from my house.

7:58 AM EDT  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Nancy

I know it's hard, been there done that Blubbering and all. NOT FUN. BUT you get used to it. And then you have something to look forward to Milk and cookies when they get home from school to talk about their days. I always did that and I still do with Miranda except it's supper time now but we still have that 1/2 h chat.

And I am Not so patiently waiting for that amazing Blog to pop back into your head.

Hurry up will my tea break is almost upon us.

;)
Sharon

9:36 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you mean that perfect blog entry disapeared just like that? Could you possibly have an affliction commonly known as "mother's brain"?

Congrats on reaching yet another milestone in your little boy's lives. Believe me those 2 hours alone disappear just like that too!!

OK so that's the 3 of us, who's the fourth person?

hugs

montsé

11:01 AM EDT  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

I'll wait, I'll wait.

Reminds me of the Tenacious D song (Tribute)
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/tenaciousd/tribute.html

1:15 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was fine when Chloe and Victoria went to preschool BUT I was working and Daddy did the drop off. When Chloe went to Kindergarten and grade 1- I was fine...when Victoria went to K, I was fine. Now remember- Victoria is the one that I have been waiting for her to be in school all day...she is very active and an in your face kinda person BUT this year when V had her first day of grade 1 - Mommy was teary dropping her off. As I still have Lily ( almost 3) I got over it very quickly!
And yes, I do check faithfully so keep the blogs-a-comin'.

5:02 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright already, I can't wait any longer for your wittiness to return. I need my Nancy quick wit fix.

...hmmmm, I bet she's too busy thinking about her upcoming weekend to worry about us peons who hang on her every bloggy word...

9:12 AM EDT  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Glad it went well! My son had his first day of preschool yesterday, too. I can't believe I am signing permission forms already! How can it be that I have a child that old yet?

3:19 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home