Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Special little thingies

Well, not sure if I can say I was legally 'tagged', but I wanna play! I wanna play! (jumping up & down in whiny voice). After reading Dani's blog earlier today, where she'd been tagged by Andrea I decided to play too. The task: to find the little thingies around the house that make your heart go 'aaaah' in some form or another. My dilemma (or so I thought) was gonna be what to pick as my favourites. I am known as bonafide packrat and clutterqueen so I didn't think there'd be a problem finding anything, yet there was. I have lots of shit everywhere but nothing that 'endeared' me so much until I really thought about it. The kool thing was that I didn't even have to walk around looking for things cause while I actually used my brain, it was E-Z to decide what I loved to see every day. Here they are:

Funky little keychain holder thingy - see the hooks? Nope? It's magic!! It is so simple yet I love hanging my keys on it every time we come in.


These are some flowers my kids made for me. They have been propped up in the window since March. I love them.


My rooster!! Gotta love my rooster as he sits behind my kitchen sink. He was purchased for me by me from sale table at Pier 1.


These colourful little vases sit atop our built-in shelves. They were a gift from a special friend (Hi Snack Mommy!) when she came from far away to visit me. I miss her.


These are two items that bring to me warm and fuzzy feelings. The classy lady was a gift from two very dear lifelong friends for my (oops, er, ahem) practice marriage. I do not look at the reason for the gift, but rather who it is from and what it relfects. The teddy is Johann (Yo-hann). We bought him on our hiking in the Austrian Alps honeymoon. He came from a nun selling him on the side of the road. I do not share him with my kids, he is mine. And finally,


I love this shit. A sweet little reminder like a dollar store garbage truck surrounded by nothing in the living room. This is my reminder that I am where I have always wanted to be, at home with my kids. This is their home too and don't ever want them to feel otherwise. To some, this sorta thing may seem like an interruption or a mess, not me.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, sniff sniff, I made the special list!

Speaking of sniffles, I love the way you described your last picture. Most excellent description my friend.

3:38 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awwww, this is so very sweet! It's like how it makes me happy to see Josie's little jeans hanging on the clothesline next to ours.

What a nice post. It makes me want to play along - which I kind of did in an ages old and long-buried post. But what I really want to do is to say thanks for putting me in touch with Sharon. Now, if I wanted to, I could email her and say things like "Didn't Nancy's post make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?" and "Aren't you glad Nancy started a blog? Now I can like her more." But then I realized, I am way too busy diapering things and figuring out if I want to post about my favourite stuff to actually spend time talking about people outside of blog world.

8:06 PM EDT  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Nancy..I'm gonna do this one too...but it may take me a couple of days! I didn't see this on Dani's blog but I haven't been there since oh about 9 a.m. this morning. (gosh darn these things change fast!)

I love your things...I know I have tons in this mess pit!

And Yes thanks for reaching out and letting Marla and I touch each other!

8:25 PM EDT  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

What a great way to answer the challenge. I love your little things--and the keyholder :)

9:08 PM EDT  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Nancy, what a sweet way to describe all the things that make you go "ahhh". It is also nice that all have a special meaning to you, just reading what you described made me go "ahhh".

Love it,
Anna

5:19 AM EDT  
Blogger nancy said...

I know too well that Marla & Sharon will NOT be saying nice things behind my back, and you know what? Doesn't bother me at all.

But Marla - you did play...in fact I recall the coolest cooler, an owl, an FP vintage farm and a little cherub named Josephine in a book nook. What else do you need?

8:27 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww... thanks for playing! It's so neat to see into people's lives this way. :)

9:42 AM EDT  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

OH Nancy BTW I want your Chicken...I love it!

9:48 PM EDT  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

Yay Nancy, thanks for playing along... Except WAHHH! I can't see the pictures on your blog!

xo Dani

PS Dontcha just hate it when someone plucks a meme from your blog and then does such an amazingly better job than you??

8:57 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great way to get to know you better by the things that are precious to you, well done Nancy!

And your last paragraph really pulled at my heartstrings.

cheers

11:30 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home