Tuesday, April 17, 2007

motion

Our power was off & on all day yesterday, very exciting to four year olds when the lights go out and the music stops, "It's another blackout!!" This is why I am rather behind in computer life and see that I have dozens of blogs to read.

But today I would like to submit a motion to whoever wrote The Rules. You see, I am about as far from a morning person than anyone can get. I lay in bed longer than that last minute and then end up running around like crazy so we aren't late. This is typical in our house any Monday, Wednesday or Friday morning, our preschool mornings.

So, why is it on preschool mornings, when we have to set the alarm (of which I hit snooze at least 2 times, sometimes 3) that I have to sometimes wake the boys around 7:45 to be able to get everyone dressed, fed and out the door on time.

BUT...on mornings like today, Tuesday, when we don't have to be anywhere until 11 AM, someone wakes up at 6:30 am ready to start their day. WHY is it always the morning after the night that Mommy was out for dinner & drinks with friends, ate way too much and went to bed later than her usual really late?

Why does this happen 75% of the time??? Therefore, I would like to submit this motion:

"All preschoolers must awake happily on their own volition on preschool days, but must sleep past 7 AM on those non-preschool days."

Do I hear any seconders to the motion?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's a conspiracy that all pre-schoolers (no wait, include babies!) are a part of. It's torture to get Sarah dressed on a school day (though she professes to love it) but she'll show up at my bedside, fully dressed, at 6 a.m. on a weekend. Bleh!

10:35 AM EDT  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

I second and third this motion.

11:02 AM EDT  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Count me in. When we used to have hockey for A at 6am, J would sleep in. Every other day of week he would be up at 5am sharp. It still happens that the day you want or need to sleep in he is up with the birds, but the day you need to be out of the house early he is still sleeping. It will be interesting to see what happens with school next year.

3:29 PM EDT  
Blogger Zany Mama said...

You said it, sister.

5:31 PM EDT  
Blogger CamiKaos said...

I'm with you... but I would love to extend that 7am wake up to 8am... I need that extra hour if at all possible.

great post.

12:15 AM EDT  
Blogger Marisa said...

AMEN!

Same goes on here. I am curious to see how often he missed the bus next year (real school).

9:27 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, we know that here. My oldest wakes between 4 and 5 most mornings, thankfully she reads, by herself, not waking anyone by now.
Then there is number two. She could sleep all day. I had decided to take a new shot at getting her out on school days on time. She and my third (who was starting school this past fall) both got a small bowl of grapes brought to their bed in the morning to get them up. Kid number 2, who is usually comatosed at this time, was soon flying off the walls. Kid three did fine. I had to reduce the grapes considerably for number 2, but finally got the right amount out to not have her either sedated or hyper (cause hyper doesn't help *A*T* *A*L*L*).
Sorry, have no idea to make them sleep longer. But I would love to hear about how your children take to the motion!
AS

9:40 AM EDT  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

Sorry, chickie, no sympathy from this corner! Thank god I'm naturally a morning person, but I can't remember a single day when the kids (ahem, Simon) slept as late as 6:30. He's usually crawling in to my bed at 5:35 as the alarm goes off.

12:52 PM EDT  
Blogger Chantal said...

You said it!

I have to bang pots to get most of my kids awake on school days. The minute we have any sort of vacation day, it's 6am! WTF?

If it's any consolation, sooner or later they learn to get up, get cereal and watch TV.

9:11 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home