Thursday, January 26, 2006

Yoo Hoo...Tristan!!

Wanna come over for lunch? Bring your brother, bring your friends, and even your Mommy. This is how we sometimes get to eat strange looking robot guys:

(bologna, carrots and cheese)

or

a Stegosaurus

(ham, havarti cheese, grape tomatoes halved, raisin eyeball)

or BUTTERFLIES (this is our favourite and most requested)

(all beef salami and havarti on whole wheat with grape/cherry tomatoes halved, baby carrots)

or scary pumpkin face guy

(open faced all beef salami sammich on whole wheat, havarti carved most articulately)

or curly hair happy face

(french toast pieces and cantaloupe)

always a happy face

(you guessed it, tomatoes, cheese and meat - seeing a trend? WHATEVER WORKS DAMMIT!)

We love eating Rudolph!

(sammich, tomato nose, grapes eyes, pretzel antlers)

If we have shepherd's pie, the ketchup will always be displayed in your initial, we hear you like it that way, in fact, it is mandatory in our house so you won't be disappointed. So, whaddya think? Wanna come? We hope to see you soon...

12 Comments:

Blogger BeachMama said...

Awesome display of culinary skills :). Will be trying some of that here too! Anything to get more varieties of food in him.

Anna

7:00 AM EST  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

WOW...Your quite the talented one. I would have never done that and Nathan was sitting here asking what that was and I told him it was FUN food. He said well I'm not eating FUN FOOD it has tomaotoes in it.

SIGH! too smart for his own good!

Good one Nancy!

8:14 AM EST  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

Oh.my.god. I don't know whether to be incrediby impressed, or incredibly annoyed at you for being so friggin' creative and clever and adorable!!!

That picture of an anonymous twin playing peekaboo with a piece of salami - priceless!!!

(And, um, if I bring Tristan over, can I have one of those butterfly sammich plates? Cuz they look yummy!!!!)

8:20 AM EST  
Blogger nancy said...

Sharon - you can use grapes, orange pieces, green/red/yellow peppers...use anything they like.

T not that thrilled with tomatoes these days, but he'll still eat them if they are on a dinosaur.

Dani - I have something better than a measly butterfly for you.

8:41 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nancy - that is so impressive. You rock!

Donna

9:22 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank gawd Tristan can't pull up your blog. I am sooo untalented in the kitchen....you rock :~)

10:56 AM EST  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Wow! You are so creative.

Now, if you can come up with a creative way of packaging healthy fruits and vegetables in such a way that they completely resemble the only foods my son eats (bread, bagels, waffles, noodles) I will be forever in your debt!

3:53 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are so great! I must copy some of your ideas for our kids, they will be thrilled.
Thanks for sharing!
- SheilaC
mom to 5 year old triplets

4:24 PM EST  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

You rock nancy! Already used your Rudolf idea (except with grilled cheese and pretzels) and will keep those other ones in mind!
Ketchup and maple syrup are used daily to decorate/add letters around here.

1:57 AM EST  
Blogger Kris said...

So when's your cookbook coming out? I love those ideas. I've got a billion kid cookbooks and haven't seen them.

8:24 PM EST  
Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I cracked up at the reindeer. Definitely my fav.

12:04 AM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my goodness - you're such a smart mama! I'm going to try to recreate some of these for my kiddies this weekend! I love the scary ones! I'll let you know if any tomatoes get eaten!

7:59 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home