Tuesday, January 17, 2006

10...9...8...

PARTY! PARTY! PARTY!

The countdown is on for my blog orgy (welcome perverted Googlers). I was at the bulk store today with the kids and we bought yogurt covered raisins (for them) and York Peppermint Patties (for me). I did groceries last night and bought chips and diet coke.
OK, so I had all these other blogs bookmarked to look up and list all the blog orgy rules, but I have chosen to this my way. (cue Cyndi Lauper, "I just wanna have fun") and see where this takes us. Note the plural?? You GOTTA play along!!
I believe the intent is to reach 'X' number of comments withing 'X' number of minutes. My goal is 100 comments within a 24 hour period. Sure I could sit here and comment to myself in an explosive self-absorbed manner, but come on, I do that all day long.
I will start at midnight (tonight) JANUARY 18, 2006 at MIDNIGHT and go till 11:59 PM. Spread the word. PUL-EEZE?? Pul-eeze??
I gotta go make some dips and take yet another trip to the liquor store. I am expecting some of you lushes to get outta control. Then I gotta walk the doggie and watch all the losers make fools of themselves on the AI prelims and then come back and talk about them. snicker snicker.
Poll: Would you rather attend a party? A blog orgy? or a Blorgy?

10 Comments:

Blogger jo(e) said...

What? We aren't allowed to eat any of this food until midnight?

That's no fair.

7:18 PM EST  
Blogger jo(e) said...

Actually, I think it's midnight in my time zone. I live ... um .. in Siberia somewhere.

And Nancy has left these Peppermint Patties unguarded ....

7:21 PM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

A Porgy, please.

Thankfully I have three-five hours work tonight that should take me until the wee small hours tonight and maybe tomorrow night. So I'll try to be the first to come and the last to leave.

If you get bored staying up and waiting for comments, you can read my latest post. It took about three and a half hours to put together, so there goes ten minutes you'll never get back.

11:00 PM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, let's get this party started. I'll put my coat on the bed and after I check out your medicine cabinet while I pretend to use the bathroom, I'll hit the snacks and eat the expensive nuts first.

11:53 PM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

I swear my computer clock says it's midnight. So, I have to add seven minutes mentally and come back later. Dammit.

11:54 PM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm back. I guess I came a little early and caught the hostess in her bathrobe. So, I'll have a bourbon with three ice cubes made from spring water only. Pass the cashews please.

11:56 PM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

What is with that clock? Mine now says 12:09. It can't be wrong and counting minutes faster than they can actually pass, can it?! What kind of party is this?

11:58 PM EST  
Blogger nancy said...

Holy crap Marla...just let yourself in and shut up already.

READ the clock on your comment - 11:58 EST....then go check the time on the party post - 12:01 AM exactly. Have another drink already.

and NOW you have wasted 5 - that's FIVE excellent comments that could've gone towards the party...hope you aren't gonna be a party pooer - LMAO - there I go again.

12:04 AM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Since my clock now says 12:14 and I'm already a little tipsy, drinking quickly because I'm early and am stuck making small talk with the man of the house while she fans her cocktail napkins, I'll just hope it's after midnight in Nancy's world and others will soon show up. Par -TAY!

12:04 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mortgage lenders

4:04 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home