Wednesday, October 17, 2007

As she emerges from under the...

...Facebook addiction. ACK!!!!!!! Scrabulous has sucked me in oooh sooo deeeep. Marla is a smart one and got out while she could. I am weak. Weak for scrabble.

So, where the HELL has the time gone? I can't even start. How about a few bullets.

  • T & B are thoroughly enjoying school.
  • They are learning so much french, it's so much fun for all of us.
  • They love their respective teachers. Perhaps a little too much? Ah heck, what's wrong with having a crush on your kindergarten teacher?
  • We are doing piano lessons, also going extremely well.
  • Swimming lessons! Always fun!
  • Is B really learning to read? By jove I think - YES!
  • T has four loose teeth. Today I went to the library and brought home Robert Munsch's "Andrew's Loose Tooth" Too much fun reading that one!
  • We love Robert Munsch. I bought five used Robert Munsch books for $2.50 today. Score!
  • We have our Halloween costumes decided, not telling!
  • B did a 300 piece puzzle.
  • There is a 'naughty' boy at school trying to befriend B, how can I prevent that one? It is his fault B came home asking me, "Mom, what does sexy mean?" It broke my heart.
  • Other than a nightly 60 minute ritual of complete rebellion against going to sleep from B, we are all extremely happy.

Me? Oh, you ask about me? And what on earth could I be doing with all my free time? OK - you asked (really, you did):

  • I have NOT cleaned out one measly closet.
  • I did clean the bathrooms!
  • I play scrabble on Facebook.
  • I have discovered an even more love of baking.
  • I volunteer at the school at least twice a week.
  • Did I mention the scrabble? on Facebook?
  • I am swimming three mornings a week with a Masters Swim Team (that's the nice term for "You are old but like to swim a lot")
  • I have had a few most enjoyable breakfast and lunch dates.
  • I play way too much Facebook scrabble.
  • I have already bought the snowsuits for this year.
  • I got my haircut TODAY. Note it is a weekday. My first non-Saturday haircut in decades.
  • I went away for a weekend, ALONE, to a wedding in Lake Placid, to take pictures! (a real post about that will happen, I promised Stacy...it's coming!)
  • I also shopped at outlets that weekend. Canadian Dollar - woo hoo!
  • More scrabble.
  • I went away with the little boys to spend Thanksgiving weekend with cousins. The Hubs was away in India eating curry while we were making pumpkin heads and enjoying a delicious dinner.
  • Then he came home for a few days, and now he is gone again till the 29th. (Dubai, Bahrain, Macau, China) You know, the usual run of the mill business trip.

And now I must make lunches, take out the recycling and then, perhaps, play scrabble.

I miss you all. See you soon, or if not sooner, on Facebook.

xo

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, so many of our kindergarten experiences are similar! The not-so-savoury friend, and the crush on the teacher, too! (When I asked Tristan if he'd like to invite someone from his class over for a playdate his eyes lit up and he said, "Oh yes, can I invite Mrs Burton?" So cute!)

You have been taking SUCH good advantage of all your free time during the days, I'm so impressed! I'm just glad you've managed to save a little time for me and our scrabulous habit.

8:01 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good on you for swimming - and three times a week. Awesome.

Glad the boys are well. Glad you're blogging. Glad you mentioned it on Facebook 'cause I gave up checking. ;)

9:22 AM EDT  
Blogger Marisa said...

Let me ask you something, have you ever played Scrabble on Facebook? LOL

Glad the boys are enjoying school.

And Facebook is soooo addicting. :-)

9:28 AM EDT  
Blogger nancy said...

Hey Marisa - wanna play?

10:22 AM EDT  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Yay! Glad you are having so much fun. I am sitting here typing, listening to a made up song being sung outside by my son. All parts are from school. Joy oh Joy.

2:47 PM EDT  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Glad all is well with you!

8:31 PM EDT  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

And it was YOU that Pressured me into Facebook and it was YOU that introduced me to Scrablous!
And yes LIKE you I spend way too much time playing it...But I did clean out my Closet today. Even I have my limits!

See you at Facebook.

3:55 PM EDT  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

glad to hear all is well in your world :)

...off to play scrabble...

8:32 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home