Monday, September 24, 2007

Open Letter to the Montreal Canadiens

Dear Montreal Canadiens,

Congratulations on selling out your entire season well before it has started. I would also like to congratulate you on breaking the hearts of many of your fans, especially the youngest ones, but also the old ones. Your system makes it so unbelievably unfair and difficult not only to purchase the tickets, but you completely shut out those with larger families. Your limit to buying only FOUR tickets does what for a family of five, please tell me. How can a family of five, go together to enjoy the game, savour the moment of the two youngest members of said family at their very first NHL game ever. Just imagine their bright blue eyes full of bewilderment, excitement and to feel their tummies all a flutter as their team skates on the ice. Pardon me? What’s that? You can’t? That’s right, because you make such a special experience like that absolutely impossible for your fans to share.

I just got off the phone with the Ottawa Senators. I can buy five tickets to any of their games (in fact I can buy as many as eight!). Oh, and did you also know they only put three months worth of games on sale at a time, likely to make it more fair to their fans. Imagine that! Till such a day here, I guess we will drive west 2 hours to attend our NHL game, all FIVE of us.

Sincerely,

nancy

*I sent this to both the Montreal Gazette and the Montreal Canadiens organization. Not that it will do anything other than make me feel better for getting of my chest.

10 Comments:

Blogger Marisa said...

One of the problems of having a dynasty...

That, and the fact that all the tickets seem to be corporate tickets.

I don't think that I have ever 'purchased' a ticket. I have always gone to games where I was given a ticket by someone.

I hope to read your letter in the Gazette. It could happen! ;-)

8:12 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent letter Nancy, it deserves to be published. Bravo!

9:16 AM EDT  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

most brillaint letter nancy! good for you for sending it off!!

maenwhile, see you at the sens games!

10:17 AM EDT  
Blogger Coffeypot said...

What's hockey?

10:37 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo Nancy!! How ridiculous that you simply cannot buy a set of five tickets... I too hope you get published! Let us know!!

1:02 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for YOU! Let us know what happens from these letters!

xoxo

10:33 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that'd be cool if it gets published! Good luck!

9:55 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nancy...read my comment on your previous post ;-)
Carolann

1:55 AM EDT  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

did anything ever happen from this?

9:39 PM EDT  
Blogger nancy said...

I did receive some blanket reply from admission.com (who sells the tickets, oh and who also takes them back) with a huge copy & paste of their 'rules'. It was 'signed' by a person's name, I suspect to make it appear as though I was actually relpied to from an actual person. I bet they would take that back too.

9:41 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home