Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Dust Bunnies Unite!!

And this article in the Montreal Gazette this morning clearly indicates why I should have the healthiest children in the galaxy.

I hope the link works for you, if not please let me know a.s.a.p. and I'll post article here in it's entirety.

Way back when I was having my first laparoscopy and D&C to rid of all uterine demons and prepare for IVF, a nurse and I got to chatting. I will never forget her telling me NOT to clean my house. Well, at least not with a shitload of cleaners, antiseptics and to allow my future babies to crawl around in dust and inhale all associated dust mites. I recall feeling SO relieved, since I knew way back them how lame of a house cleaner I already was. And now that I have kids, I am even worse - a feat that warrants my name in the Guinness Book of World Records.

And then this morning...my universe is temporarily and momentarily realigned as I am assured that the filth is in fact good for us. It's in the newspaper!! Shouldn't we believe everything we read?

My soul has been feeling more than dust bunnyish lately, not sure what's going on, but I'm hiding out off & on trying to sort my way through the fog. Until then, I am at least energized by the knowledge that in my house, at least one thing is right, and it's the dirt. Amen.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm SO with you on the non-cleaning thing. I clean before playgroup. Period. The spring cat-hair-dust-bunnies were starting to attack so I followed Donna's advice and shaved the cats - easier than vacuuming!

For the fog, I think what you need is a get-together with the group, kids and all. Will you come here or shall we come to you? :)

On a related note, I hear the clinic picnic is June 10. Mark it on your calendar 'cause we expect to see you.

12:46 PM EDT  
Blogger Marni said...

Finally, people are seeing things MY way!

1:12 PM EDT  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

AMEN SISTA!

and again

AMEN!

I knew that being a slob was good for me!My mom taught me good! This just proves why my kids have no allergies of any sort plus All that DOG hair rolling around my house has to be good for something.

WOOT WOOT!

Plus I think it's too funny we've posted the same sort thing on the same day!

Your top is in the mail! ;)

1:24 PM EDT  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Well, I do clean... but... I have two large dogs full of hair and dust and as soon as I clean it is back again. I swear this is why J (and Hubby and I) only get sick once or twice a year. J has eaten more dog hair than he probobly should have, but oh the immunity! It's great.

Need a visit??

2:17 PM EDT  
Blogger Cup said...

No wonder I'm so damn healthy!

8:28 PM EDT  
Blogger Marisa said...

I want my children to remember me playing with them and having fun; not the fact that I kept a clean house!

Rock on, sister!

PS: I need to share this with my SIL who just had a baby (she is a clean freak!)

9:14 PM EDT  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

Scooped by Nancy! I saw the same article yesterday in the Citizen, and was going to blog about it.

Twice this week, outside of the article in question, I read references along the lines of "you'll never look back on your life and wish you bought more stuff; but you may wish you had spent more time on what mattered to you." I can't imagine anyone on their deathbed saying, "I wish I kept a cleaner house!"

Did someone mention a visit???? ;)

8:58 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like being a slob sometimes. And there are times when I like to clean, if you can believe it.

Right now, I don't feel like MOVING, never mind arranging a dustbunny luncheon. They can make their OWN plans. I'll just leave the Dora minivan out so they can get to their destination with ease.

9:21 AM EDT  
Blogger Elle said...

LOL well I can't say I leave too many bunnies behind... but only cause I have a lot of hardwood and they'd roll around like tumbleweeds otherwise!

11:35 AM EDT  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

my house is clean every two weeks, when the cleaning ladies come ;) otherwise, I just tidy up period

when preggo with the twins, a really good friend of mine kept emphasizing to "leave the dust bunnies aside and spend time with the kids" I have followed her sage advice

want a visit? want to meet halfway in Hudson one day to check the nifty shops and do lunch?

hugs

12:16 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home