Tuesday, February 21, 2006

18 months

How long is 18 months - a long time? a short time? enough time? not enough? Let's see...

- in the average human life span, it really isn't very long at all
- to parents of a child who doesn't sleep thru the night? forever
- some kids don't even walk till they are 18 months
- that's actually less that 2 full 40 week term pregnancies (not including overdue babies)
- some children are talking at 18 months, some aren't
- some can be toilet trained that early, others take more than twice as long - either way, not really all that long when you think about it

- how FUN is it to play with an 18 month old and get them giggling uncontrollably till they get the hiccups

Really, 18 months is nothing. Right?

What do you think about this 18 months....

CanWest News Service; CP Published:
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 A man was sentenced yesterday to 18 months in jail,
followed by three years of probation. Matthew D. Bergeron, 35, admitted sexually
assaulting two 13-year-olds in 2004. He asked his daughter to invite the two
girls over, then offered them drugs and alcohol and made advances. They spurned
him, but one awoke in the middle of the night to find him naked, having sex with
her.
© The Gazette (Montreal) 2006

I think it's bullshit, that's what I think.

9 Comments:

Blogger twinmomplusone said...

that is disgustingly sickening, no justice

and Martha gets a year for tax evasion stuff, 12 months for NOT harming another human being whereas 18 months for harming 2, wait what about his own daughter

these are the stories that make my hubby never consent to sleepovers for big sis

9:39 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Castration comes to mind....

Like twinmom....not sure about sleepovers....

Barb

11:16 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This type of case hits close to home for me. I see all the work my husband does to build a case and get these "people" in front of a judge, and this is the type of sentence handed down. I think our judges should be elected so the communities they preside over can let their voices be heard with regards to harsher sentences.

I hate to say it, but I think this is one example of where we should be looking to our neighbours in the South with regards to the selection process of justices, and the issuance of much stiffer sentencing.

12:18 AM EST  
Blogger Carol said...

Your post really makes the point.

1:18 AM EST  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Ack! That makes me sick, sick to my stomach. How on earth did they come up with 18 months instead of 18 years???

5:45 AM EST  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

This is Unsettling. ARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

18 months is not enough. But I like Barb's Idea the best.

Where is the justice in this? All the talk about this being wrong and then the message is sent that it's not so bad. Less than 2 years for doing something that neither girl will completely get over the rest of their lives. Who the FUCK cares about this. Yes this is a Very sensitve spot with me.

Bullshit Nancy is too light a word.

8:45 AM EST  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

I'm so disgusted by this I don't even know what to say...

1:01 PM EST  
Blogger The Idiot Speaketh said...

I see our lawmakers down here in Texas are not the only Bozos left in the world. I have enjoyed your blog.....good luck with the TV........
re: the 12 days of Xmas by Bob and Doug, didn't every line end with ...."and a beer"? Do I get credit for that?

2:50 PM EST  
Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart said...

I agree -

3:28 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home