Friday, October 07, 2005

Peanuts Gallery

Woodstock
You are Woodstock!

Which Peanuts Character are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

OMG this is such great news, my recent funk may yet truly be absolved, simply because I get to be Woodstock. We are huge Peanuts fans in our family, my father and I recently mourning over the discontinuance of the daily strip in our newspaper for the first time in as long as I have been alive. As seen all over blogland, I believe my trail originated at
Scrivenings, via Danigirl and also seen at True Blue Semi-Crunchy I did the Peanuts quiz and am SO thrilled I did. Thank you SO much for letting me play.

Things are looking up, my Beloved is finally back from his never-ending worldly travels, family arriving tomorrow (the good in-laws) for the long weekend (Thanksgiving in Canada) and I went OUT tonight and treated myself to a $15 manicure by an adorable little Vietnamese girl named Ann. Oh, and then enjoyed the sport of couch-potatoing while devouring CSI and ER, while devouring party mix and peanut butter cups. (blush)

I am no longer a virgin. I am outing myself for the first time. Since I am feeling playful (and Beloved is sawing some serious logs thanx to jet lag) I have snagged this from Danigirl and will try it. I am a meme virgin and this is my first one, please lemme know how I do, and be gentle with me, virgins are fragile.

[ ] I've run away from home.
[ ] I listen to political music.
[ ] I collect comic books.
[x] I shut others out when I'm sad. (sometimes)
[x] I open up to others easily. (Gets me in trouble more often than I'd like)
[x] I am keeping a secret from the world.
[x] I watch the news.
[ ] I own over 5 rap CDs.
[ ] I own an I-Pod.
[ ] I own something from Hot Topic.
[x] I love Disney movies.
[ ] I am a sucker for hair/eyes.
[ ] I don't kill bugs. (SQUASH THOSE SUCKERS!)
[x] I curse regularly. (and enjoy every time)
[ ] I paid for that cell phone ringtone.
[ ] I have "x"s in my screen name.
[ ] I've slipped out a "lol" in a real conversation.
[ ] I love Spam.
[x] I bake well.
[x] I would wear pajamas to school.
[ ] I own something from Abercrombie.
[x] I have a job. (Oh YES I do.)
[ ] I love Martha Stewart.
[x] I am in love with someone.
[ ] I am guilty of tYpInG lIkE tHiS.
[ ] I am self conscious.
[x] I like to laugh.
[ ] I smoke a pack a day.
[ ] I loved Go Ask Alice.
[ ] I have cough drops when I'm not sick.
[ ] I can't swallow pills.
[x] I have many scars. (9 knee operations and counting...)
[x] I've been out of this country.
[ ] I believe in ghosts.
[x] I can't sleep if there is a spider in the room.
[x] I am really ticklish.
[x] I see/have seen a therapist.
[ ] I love chocolate.
[ ] I bite my nails.
[x] I am comfortable with being me.
[x] I play computer games/video games when I'm bored.
[x] Gotten lost in your city.
[ ] Saw a shooting star.
[x] Gone out in public in your pajamas.
[x] I have kissed a stranger. (I was drunk, ok? A university student moment I am not most proud of)
[x] Hugged a stranger. (see above)
[x] Been in a fight with the same sex.
[x] Been arrested. (does campus security count? for stealing milk crates to use as shelves in dorm room)
[x] Laughed and had milk/soda come out of your nose.
[x] Pushed all the buttons on an elevator.
[x] Made out in an elevator.
[x] Swore at your parents.
[ ] Kicked a guy where it hurts.
[ ] Been skydiving.
[ ] Been bungee jumping.
[ ] Broken a bone.
[x] Played spin the bottle.
[x] Gotten stitches. (had a clean record until delivering babies from where 7 pound watermelons should not be allowed)
[x] Drank a whole gallon of milk in one hour.
[ ] Bitten someone.
[x] Been to Niagara Falls.
[x] Gotten the chicken pox.
[ ] Crashed into a friend's car.
[ ] Been to Japan.
[x] Ridden in a taxi.
[x] Shoplifted.
[x] Been fired.
[x] Had feelings for someone who didn't have them back. (Many, many times.)
[x] Stole something from your job.
[x] Gone on a blind date. (Truly horrible experience for me)
[ ] Lied to a friend.
[x] Had a crush on a teacher/coach.
[ ] Celebrated Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
[x] Been to Europe.
[ ] Slept with a co-worker.
[x] Been married.
[x] Gotten divorced.
[x] Saw someone dying.
[x] Driven over 400 miles in one day.
[x] Been to Canada.(Live here)
[x] Been on a plane.
[ ] Seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
[x] Thrown up in a bar.
[x] Eaten sushi.
[ ] Been snowboarding.
[x] Been skiing.
[x] Been ice skating.
[x] Met someone in person from the internet. (Waving!!!)
[ ] Been to a motorcross show.
[x] Gone/Going to college.
[x] Done hard drugs. (how hard is hard???)
[x] Taken painkillers.
[ ] Cheated on someone else.
[ ] Were so bored you took this survey.
[ ] Have a tattoo.

And am adding on my own:

[x] Spent an hour trying to figure out how to add 'read more' link so I wouldn't make this appear to be such a long-winded post and finally gave up.
[x] Hope this doesn't scare anyone away. (the length, not the content)

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You meme like one born to memeing.

I'm glad to see you're feeling so much better. :) Have a great Thanksgiving!

8:06 AM EDT  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

I had to open the comment box half way through to make sure I got a chance to comment on everything.

First, YAY! You make a perfect Woodstock and I'm so happy to see you're feeling more chipper.

Second, YAY! You played along on the confessional meme! I thought I knew you pretty well, but the following surprised me: been arrested (okay, so I'm not really surprised about that one), never seen a shooting star, never seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

And, ahem, what secret???

xo Dani

10:32 AM EDT  
Blogger nancy said...

Well, it wouldn't be a secret then, would it?

11:52 AM EDT  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

WAH!! (stamps foot)

(pause)

(thoughtful look)

You know... (eyelash flutter)
... I'm a pretty good secret-keeper.

12:21 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok what's with you and danigirl and elevators???

and ditto to absolutely everything Dani said, incl the eyelash flutter/good secret-keeper!

glad to hear things are better for you
have a great Thanksgiving week-end!!

2:49 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

....were you waving at me (she says with an inflated sense of self-importance)?

....didn't get the elevator comment

....I'm glad to see I'm in great company with Montsé and Dani, in that my little radar started screaming at the "secret" answer. You know, they say it's sometimes best to talk things out with someone at arm's length...heck I'm 2 provinces away!

Very Very happy you had your night to shine last night...while Beloved was recuperating from jetlag ;~)

3:08 PM EDT  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Glad you are feeling better, and even happier that Beloved is back from his travels, hope it makes for a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

Love your Meme and as everyone else is curious of the secret ;)

Have a great weekend,
Anna

4:07 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

snack mommy: they both made out in an elevator, now I feel like I'm missing out on something ;)

11:14 PM EDT  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Great answers! And I love that you are Woodstock. We all need to be Woodstock.

1:39 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank-you twinmomplusone...I suppose the only other question is, were they going up, or um, down.

10:35 PM EDT  
Blogger nancy said...

Snack Mommy - I am appalled at your inquiry. And yes, was waving at you, but am now shajing my finger in disgust of your naughtiness. (snicker snicker)

8:11 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home