Thursday, October 13, 2005

2 inches

I'm baaaaaaack, a little poorer and we are back in business. Ever think about 2 inches? Been all consuming to me in past 48 hours, ever really think about where and how much a measly 2 inches can make such a difference? How about…

  • A man’s unit. (So sorry, just had to get that one outta the way first, and now leaving the rest to your dirty, corrupted imaginations)

  • On someone’s waist/hips/thighs – a whole new wardrobe.

  • The thickness of a novel, the desire to read it or not.

  • To a journalist under a strict space and a time deadline and just no way to edit their column: stress, anxiety and potentially career altering.

  • On the height/size of a piece of cake – about 500 calories (see waist/hip note above)

  • Sadly, can be the difference between someone drowning or not.

  • To a seamstress (and the customer) a big and expensive oops.

  • A really little eensy teensy fender bender or a minor accident with injuries.

  • A pair of glasses frames, about 20 years. (believe me on this one)

  • To a 3 year old, being able to spit toothpaste into the sink or not (sigh), which also applies to little boys learning to stand up to pee like Daddy (another sigh).

  • Again, to a child, whether or not permission will be granted to enjoy the rides at the Ex or Disneyworld, etc.

  • Again with the kid being able to reach water dispenser on fridge door (yet another sigh).

  • To a nose or ears, hopefully plastic surgery.

  • Breasts? Being engorged prior to breastfeeding twins or right after.

  • Hair – ponytail or not.

  • Heels on a woman’s boots, being dressy or ooh la la sexy CFM boots.

  • On a tennis bracelet, oh wait, that’s carats, not inches. (one can daydream!)

  • On a visa statement, a shitload of debt.

  • To a kid, depth to a perfect puddle in which to jump.

  • The size of styrofoam poutine container – delicious! (back to waist/hip size)

  • But most important at the moment, from a 15” to a 17” monitor, WOW, what a glorious, eye bulging out experience of a difference.
Any others?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are back!! I love reading your blogs. There are only 2 inches I really care about, and you mentioned them....being down 2 inches on my pant size (I can dream, right?) and the 2 inches that makes the statement
"it's not the size of the boat, but the motion of the ocean."
TOTAL BULLSHIT!! IT does soooo matter!!

9:50 PM EDT  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Glad you got yourself a new monitor. I forgot how small a 15" screen was until I used my Dad's computer, yikes what a difference. We had an extra one floating around so he now has a 19"too. Sorry it hadn't happened a few weeks ago for you, we would have had another for you!

And for me, it is the two inches around my waist that are driving me crazy ;)

Anna

6:18 AM EDT  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I've been so spoiled by my 17-inch monitor that I can't imagine going back to a 15-inch. Glad you're back!

8:22 AM EDT  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Well Nancy...Your back. Nice to see you and your new monitor..I think I have a 19 so you still have a ways to go to catch up to me.... ;P

As for 2 inches well LMAO! That was the first thing to popped into my mind was number 1 (OK stop laughing, Yes you know me Witch) ;)

2 inches
Was how far my Stupid dog was from that skunk that sprayed him last night...OMG He stinks.

2 inches is the with of the side of our bath tub (OK maybe 3 But that's not the point.) Where Nathan can keep the water in the tub or I hear an "OOPS Mommy I spilled water on the floor again. "

2 inch is the thickness of the doors on our bedrooms which can keep our kids OUT if we want to.

LOL

8:45 AM EDT  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

GREAT list! Can I play too?

* the difference between being able to reach the itch between your shoulder blades or die trying.

* the difference between being able to pedal the tricycle and being able to reach the pedals on the big-boy bike.

* the difference between a respectable C cup and a "will I ever find a comfortable bra?" DD cup.

* the difference between "Oh, look at the gorgeous snowflakes" and "Oh crap, look at all that f@cking snow!"

9:24 AM EDT  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

LMAO! Dani! Right on with the last one!

8:09 AM EDT  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

I love that 2 inches. The motion of the ocean can't take the place of the size of the boat.

Glad you like your new monitor :)

1:41 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home