Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas Countdown - December 15

I like to have fun with food. Here are some from this year's batch of reindeer cookies:


Then today we will make these reindeer sammiches that I did last year:

They are a huge hit...I used cherry tomatoes, grapes and stuck the mini-pretzels in between the slices of bread for accessorizing. You could also used raisins for eyes and create antlers from cheese sticks or carrots or whatever.

Oh, and for dessert you can make snowmen with marshmallows...piling three high, sticking them together with jam or peanut butter or icing, anything, then accessorize with raisins or candies for face and buttons, use gumdrops or licorice, toothpicks...get creative and have fun!!

I have never taken pics of ours, mainly cause even though the kiddies LOVE doing it, they don't even look remotely as good as these ones I found doing a simple Google image search. I snagged this photo from Candy USA.

2 Comments:

Blogger BeachMama said...

Love the reindeers. The cookies are great. Do you use smarties for the eyes? I never want to use them because the colour always seems to run.

7:41 AM EST  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Very very cool!

Wish nathan would eat stuff like that. He would pick it off.

6:19 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home