Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Hello? Wonder Woman? Can I borrow your underwear?

I will be sporting my Wonder Woman undies (not thong for those of YOU who I KNOW are curious) for the next 12 days while the husband is away on business very very very very very far away. Please bear with me, and be here for me as there may be copious amounts of whining, venting and aa bonafide search for some therapy, internet style. FYI, the WW undies is the comic relief reference we use when I am in this 'way' of flying solo.

Let's see, last time he went away for a 'long' trip (classification longer than 5 days) twin B bumped his head and required medical attention in the form of one stitch. That was Day 1. It was healed and removed by the time Daddy got home.

This time I am willing all potential medical attention needing situations AWAY. Done. Next, we will have our usual crazy schedule of preschool, library, swim'n'gym, skating, Sunday School, playdates, errands, yadda yadda yadda. And as much as we are capable of doing everything ourselves, it just really truly makes my life so much happier/easier when my Beloved is home. Just the mental relief knowing he is in the same city as us is sometimes enough to keep me sane. The errands and groceries will be done more sporadically and with assistance. Thank God for my personal shopper (Gramps) who like any retired senior citizen, hits the grocery store &/or Zellers almost daily.

The 'thing' is, yes there is a 'thing'. We are hosting our annual big-ass Open House Holiday party thingamajig on the 10th. He gets home late on the 4th. HIS staff Christmas shindig is on the 9th, and get this, NO SPOUSES invited this year. WTF is up with that? So, the 'thing' is that between now and then, I have to do EVERYTHING in prep for the party, all on top of normal life which tends to fill my time up rather nicely. Kinda like squeezing in that extra cherry on the whipped cream infested triple layer chocolate fudge sundae, even though there really is no more room for it. (see? Trying to be semi-optimistic?)

I'll do the shopping, the baking, the cleaning, the decorating, the more shopping, the more baking, and of course, the more decorating etc etc etc. If you are reading this and are one of my neighbours or my husband's co-workers, please don't be too disappointed when all we serve this year is, well....nothing. OK, I am kidding cause I LOVE hosting this party every year, just the prep is gonna be a little, different. It won't be as much fun as it usually is. We have already purchased all the wine. We were in Ottawa a couple of weeks ago cause, hello, the booze is so much cheaper across the border in Canada (unlike the country of Quebec). We just always have so much fun putting everything together, together. I like being together. Ah well, perhaps I can put a few new signature items on the list, you know, since I'll have to make all the really important decisions alone. Please add martini injected olives and the Bailey's martini. Seeing a theme here???

Stay tuned, and if you are willing, please hold my hand. Thank you.

8 Comments:

Blogger BeachMama said...

Eeeek! Definately offering a hand, if at all it is possible to reach accross the border ;).

(I do have to state for the record that "MY Canada INCLUDES Quebec")

I don't ever get how you make it through those long trips. I can just barely make it through a two night away conference in TO! Glad to hear Gramps is a hand for you, I always rely on Team Family to pull me through those days for sure :)

Anna - who would love some WW undies, just to help make it through some of the regular days

3:44 PM EST  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Oh, dear. I wish I lived closer so that I could help! Good luck with these seemingly Herculean tasks.

6:52 PM EST  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Oh NO! I read your whine, but seeing it written in its entirety here sounds terrible!

Let us know if we can provide some space for whining or comic relief!

7:46 PM EST  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Oh, and I forgot to tell you that your comment on the six weeks to wink-wink, CRACKED. ME. UP.

7:52 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

will be here for you in any way needed, so wish we were closer to really give you a hand

I'll be sporting my own version of WW undies, again, next week-end...a monthly occurence lately...so we can whine or wine together ;)

hugs

11:08 PM EST  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Nancy...I will hold you hand...Vent any time or call anytime. I hate it when I have to do things alone. Jack is always late for supper and most nights doesn't get home till 8 or 9....WHich pisses me off.

Hey Chickie...Those WW Undies work and I know you are WONDER WOMAN>>>Lynda Carter be damn. Nancy is the real thing!

Hugs

8:59 AM EST  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Offering a hand to hold. I used to love my Wonder Woman underoos :)

10:49 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU TRULY ARE AMAZING!!! I don't know how you do it!!! I know your party will ROCK - maybe you should start drinking early...Like NOW!!!!

4:32 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home