Thursday, November 24, 2005

Bite Me

First and foremost, thank you TONS to everyone who is 'there' for me. It really really really really really helps. Really, it does.

Today was a good day, we were kept quite busy with trips to the post office, gym'n'swim lessons, and yup...snow. We had a rather good dose of it today, maybe 5-10 cm (approx. 2-4 inches for the Americans - HAPPY THANKSGIVING!). When my Beloved called on my cellphone around 3 PM our time to tell me he was there safely, I asked him what the weather was like there. He replied "Around 25" (Note: that's Celsius, again around 80 Fahrenheit) and I blurted back "Wow! You got more than we did!" Me, referring to snow accumulation, him, more referring to the level of SPF he'll be needing. Har dee har har, I so funny.

So, he is here:

Looking out his fucking window at this:

SO I emailed him this pic of his very precious car...


...and told him to bite me.

The good news is that I grabbed a peak at his itinerary and noticed he did not have a 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 or 8 hour layover in Heathrow on his way home, but 9. NINE glorious hours of shopping at Heathrow. I told him I was making a wish list to send him and he is not to return without it duly completed. I was just kidding of course, but there are Duty Free shops there, that sell Swatch watches, and there is one I have been eyeballing for months. AND AND AND (trying to catch my breath) there is a (pant pant pant) Disney Store there!! Buzz is HUGE in the U.K. and the obsession for Buzz in this house is just as huge, only exponentially squared a thousand times more. I did spend a small fortune at the Ottawa store a couple of weeks ago, but there is always room for more more more. If only the budget had room for a pink Burberry scarf...sigh.

Hey, do you like my boots?

There is someone out there who always bugs me about my boots. They are circa 1991 Sorels purchased in Edmonton where the winters are oooh, so nipply cold and in the early 90's white was in. They still keep my feet warm so why should I go buy new ones just to match?? That is way too fashionista for me, I'd rather save my pennies to match in the handbag or shoe department (plus the last time I checked Winners doesn't sell apple red Sorels in my size).

P.S. Did you know in the Blogger spellcheck (yes Sharon, it does exist) that the suggested correct spelling for fashionista is pessimists. Go figure.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooh, the boots. What an orgasmic start to my day!

Oh, and your husband can bite me too.

(...the boot shot really did get my day off to a great start :~))

I didn't post on your last note, but feel free to fed-ex those WW undies over here any time you need them perked up a little :~)))

9:21 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I really sounded like a perv in that note didn't I?

Asking your husband to bite me, orgasms, and perky underwear all in one post. Ah, what the hell it's Friday.

9:22 AM EST  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

OHHHHH there is a blogger Spell check...SOB didn't know that. Ok Shut up!

And your hubby can bite my royal Canadian too. 25 and the view Honestly why can he pack a few of us to take on his next trip. I could use a new swatch too. I don't care which one just any. ;)

And dear I still love the boots. White goes with snow.

Blooger speel check must go che....

1:07 PM EST  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

Can't possibly improve on Snack Mommy's comment(s), so I'll just roll away laughing...

1:12 PM EST  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Poor Beloved. In a choice between soft ocean breezes in a tropical setting and arctic, snow-filled blasts accompanied by very cool white boots, who wouldn't select the latter?

Love the photo under About Me!

8:39 AM EST  
Blogger BeachMama said...

A big fat Raspberry to those view shots from Beloved's room. One should not brag or send lovely photos when their loved ones are shovelling and bundling up for outside. It just plain isn't fair!

Do love the boots. I had some Sorel's but they got lost in the Ottawa-Winnipeg-Ottawa move, mine weren't as pretty as yours though. Right now, my boots are "Doc's" yep, I only have dressy winter boots and "J" will only wear his when Mommy wears her Hockey boots too! So yes, we will be shopping this weekend.

Anna - thinking the forecasted +11 and rain on Monday ain't so bad after all ;)

1:43 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your boots!! They do bring me back though...and I thought it was quite a bit before 1991 !! Should I take a photo of our car today? No snow and glorious sunshine!! Oh to be rid of the Quebec winters and embrace beautiful BC! When your boys ask "How much snow will we get this winter?" my girls ask "Will it snow this winter??" Both of our answers are "I dunno!!!"

4:37 PM EST  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

I love the kicky boots. And that vacation he's on is way unfair. But he'd crack his teeth biting my frozen butt.

12:59 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the boots!! Can you believe I still have those big bulky furry boots from the late 70's?

...nine hours in Heathrow? He better bring you more than just a Swatch!

12:40 AM EST  
Blogger SRH said...

sweet ass boots!

ummm... that is all

8:58 AM EST  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

I need boots like that to go with my winter white down coat! I like 'em!

You know what I was going to suggest for the shopping trip, right? Of COURSE a burberry scarf. That is certainly what I'd beg for, anyway.

9:27 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really do enjoy reading your site. Good. Have a super day.

7:16 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home