Tuesday, November 27, 2007

S.O.S.

The SOS pad amazes me as much as it scares the shit outta me. Just how the hell does it work so well? I am too scared to read the ingredients (if there is such a thing) due to what nuclear types of chemicals that must me in those things. So I burnt a small bit of the spagetti sauce on the bottm of the pot. I scrub. I soak. I soak some more, adding soap. Then bleach. I wash again. Then *bing* I remember I have some SOS pads, and it cleans that sucker up in no time. That's scary.

Don't you think SOS Pad is a better name for that miraculously appearing panty liner you forgot you had in your purse but manage to find on that very day it is unexpectedly needed? Just a thought.

Another S.O.S. to any of you out there who may still read this dying blog of mine...

I need a vacuum. I need a kick-ass vacuum that makes all wayward dog hair clumps disappear. I am willing to take a small loan, against the mortgage is fneeded, please help. Our wonderful, loving, not so wonder dig Sydney defeats all definitions of shedding, and being a husky/collie mix, she prefers to molts. As in shed clumps of hair the size of a grown man's thumb. They are everywhere.

I last swept the floors around 3 PM. I took these pics a few moments ago around 8:30 PM. God help me.

Kitchen floor:
Living room rug:
Stairs:

Big-ass furball:
S.O.S.

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Of all the things I miss about my dog...my purebred husky who only shed once a year...from Feb to Oct is the family of small dogs that collected all over the house. They breed like mice I tell ya. I'm going to out myself here....we had to move my dresser the other day to get to the phone jack and there is a huge family of hairballs underneath it. Instead of cleaning them away..they are there as a reminder of her...my first baby..

As for the vacuum....I've had a hoover canister vac for years and have had no trouble with it. The hose is being held together with tape and I'll soon be shopping for a new one. Good luck on the search

Barb

10:44 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will be watching the comments for vacuum advice - my "german shedder" golden cross is a nightmare shedder and I am SO SO SO friggin' sick of the dog hair EVERYWHERE. Our old vacuum is held together with duct tape, so it might be a worthwhile investment to get a new one.

I had a friend who worked in a grocery store once. He was stocking the shelves when an old woman approached him and asked, in a heavy accent, where to find the "sauce." At first he thought she was talking about spaghetti sauce, then ketchup, but with increasing frustration she kept saying, "No, sauce - pot - sauce!" After what seemed like forever, with her pantomiming something unfathomable by turning one hand in a circle, he finally figured out she was asking for the SOS.

8:09 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO at the big-ass furball picture. We, too, are in need of a new vacuum as I'm using my MIL's old reject. The only thing I have going for me is that my long-haired cat recently died, though the kids track in enough crap daily to make barefoot walking an adventure.

2:14 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have central vac and are pet free (well, I do live with three men, but I digress), however, my parents swear by their Dyson upright.

10:47 AM EST  
Blogger BeachMama said...

I have those same clumps around my house twice a year. Hear that Barb? Twice, my dogs shed and it lasts about a month and a half. Until this shed. I went out and paid $24 for an attachment to our central vac that brushes and sucks the hair off the dogs. Cosmo didn't mind too much and he is only half done (he started shaking) and Mickey, the huskey is a wimp so he is only a quarter done and will get the vacuum again tomorrow. Best money spent in a long time.

9:47 PM EST  
Blogger Marisa said...

Same here, central vac and no pets. But if I had to buy a vac I would get a Dyson. I have the handheld Dyson and I love it.

10:37 PM EST  
Blogger Marni said...

We have a Dyson and ADORE it... well worth the money.

11:57 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too have heard that the Dyson "Animal" (a purple vacuum) is the vacuum for pet hair. We've got an Aussie here, but lots of hardwood and a built-in vac that seems to do the trick.

11:20 PM EST  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Cetnral vac...BUT I raise you one Sydney clump to one Max Clump...the continuous Shedding Wonder dog.

(When my camera battries are charged I will post some.)

10:03 AM EST  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Cetnral vac...BUT I raise you one Sydney clump to one Max Clump...the continuous Shedding Wonder dog.

(When my camera battries are charged I will post some.)

10:04 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home