Friday, December 02, 2005

Jammie Day

Earlier I was all set to write a big fat whine, vent, pissed off tirade. Working 'titles' included "It's Getting Personal" or "Puke Off" and all the like...this is why.

My day started with a 7 AM phone call from Beloved from Qatar. Oops - we read his itinerary wrong and doesn't return home until Monday night, not Sunday like we'd thought. I know 24 hours may not seem like a lot to you, but that sends my complete frame of mind into one messed up and altered state. Too many silly reasons to list, but it just does.

Then while taking deep breaths to control potential outburst to undeserving hubby, my little A walks up to me and barfs. Hang up. Clean up. You know the drill.

Good Morning Nancy!!

(please read oozing with the mostest sarcasm ever).

So, promptly on the phone again canceling playdate which we were hosting, canceling sitter for tonight as I was going OUT for dinner with a group of Mom's I adore, phone in absence for skating lessons and am informed we're missing picture day. I may even yet be required to withdraw from attending Beloved's work kids Christmas party tomorrow morning. Fuck. I love doing all above mentioned things with my boys. So, after a 2nd round of flying chunks, and 2nd load of laundry and twin B stops crying after being informed of cancelled playdate, he asks "Can we have a jammie morning?" I answer "Of course!" and happiness ensued.

Poor A, puked all morning till there was nothing left then fell asleep on the couch around 11 and slept till 1:15. Managed to get some acidophilus enhanced (added by me) yogurt in him and so far so good. Cross our fingers and toes that it is very short lived bug.

B & I had a lovely morning doing our snowman craft (the posted pics are from last year) among the other usual fire truck, Buzz Lightyear and indoor hockey games. We have now started to watch Toy Story in support of the extreme Buzz obsession in this house. It is 2:30 and I have officially declared Jammie Morning into Jammie Day. Not that bad actually, we have been so extremely busy since hubby left, it is a most welcomed change of pace. Have to wonder if I haven't overdone it with them and he is run down. Nope, not letting the guilt get me now. Carry on!

Oh, and in case you were wondering how many Buzz Lightyear pics one boy can colour in one jammie morning?
Thirteen.

7 Comments:

Blogger DaniGirl said...

You really shouldn't leave me laughing so hard at the end of your post - all prior feelings of sympathy washed away in the flood of coloured Buzzes. Sheesh, the boy certainly has an attention span, doesn't he???

I truly hope your babies are well enough to take part in the weekend fun, and you are *almost* there... hang on and think of Heathrow bribes, er, I mean, gifts.

3:03 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How on EARTH did you get that boy to sit for so long and colour? Really...truly...how?

I'm so sorry you had to cancel all those plans. All those fond mommy moments. Sounds like you and B made a few memories yourself though...

4:54 PM EST  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Man I am so sorry about the flying chucks. The art is lovely, though.

Jammie day is a staple around here :)

5:22 PM EST  
Blogger BeachMama said...

So sorry for the flying chuncks. But, those Buzz lightyear colourings are great!! I haven't had a Jammie day in a very long time, must try it again soon :)

Hope everyone feels better tomorrow.

Anna

5:58 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wishing you a short lived bug so you can attend tomorrow's festivities.

9:31 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think every day I come home after doing my carpooling, shopping etc..I put on my flannel jammie bottoms. They are so comfortable! Like sweats. So, every afternoon is jammie day for me!!
Man, does B ever color in the lines for a 3 year old ( 3 1/2) And I love all the different colors! It's like a rainbow of Buzzs'.

2:43 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that.

Two more days! You can do it!

1:31 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home