Monday, August 25, 2008

Dear Parents,
Dear Parents who enjoy bike riding with their children,
Dear Parents who enjoy bike riding with their children while their kids wear bike helmets,
Dear Parents who enjoy bike riding with their children while their kids wear bike helmets yet you do not,
Why?
Just wondering if you think their heads are more delicate than yours? You don't want them to get hurt, damaged or even suffer something more worse? Even fatal? Just wondering how they are gonna take care of you? Or manage without you?
Such an easy thing to do to help prevent a truly horrible situation.
Just asking, why?
Sincerely,
nancy, who has serious issues with this, and who always wears her helmet

6 Comments:

Blogger Marisa said...

Why? Because I am too cool for school. LOL

My husband thinks we are silly for insisting on the bike helmets (the ol' "we never wore helmets when we were kids" line). I make my kids wear their helmets...

I don't know why I never thought of buying a helmet for myself. I think I believe that nothing bad will ever happen to me. :-)

PS: You feeling alright? This is an awful lot of blogging you are doing lately. ;-)

10:59 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wear my helmet too, but I think the reason some other women don't is because they fear the inevitable Helmet Head.

3:54 PM EDT  
Blogger nancy said...

What's worse...helmet head? or no head?

10:28 PM EDT  
Blogger nancy said...

Oh, and Marisa - I guess it is hard for us since my husband and I each know an individual who was killed from falling from their bikes. And no, they weren't racing or jumping or doing anything silly - simply riding.

10:29 PM EDT  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

I wear a helmut...I'm just that Klutzy. And I want my kids to wear them so I set an example.
We all do in this house

2:22 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so with you, here. It's really one of my pet peeves. I can't remember why I started wearing a helmet (not 'til my 20's) but I'm a huge advocate since a simple ride ended in a stiff neck and me SO grateful my head didn't look like my helmet did (think smashed pumpkin).

10:28 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home